• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anxious about todays appointment.

Sambucca

Morning all

I've hardly slept a wink all night as I'm feeling really anxious about todays appointment with the plastics consultant.

I'm now 21 months post op, and saw the consultant already in October last year, with a BMI of 27. Unlike other patients in our area, he said he wanted me to maintain my weight loss for 12 months before he would put me on his waiting list. Fortunately I could evidence from my medical records that at that point I had already been maintaining since May (as that is when I had my gallbladder out) so he relented and said as long as I could maintain my weight until May 2011 he would see me again and I could go on his list.

I have maintained - my BMI this morning is 26.4 (although by 4pm this afternoon I will obviously weigh slightly heavier) so all should be good.

The reason I am worrying is that since that consultation, we had a plastic surgeon come and speak at our weight loss support group who said that the criteria now is strictly BMI 25.

I just cant seem to shift any more weight, try as I might I just fluctuate up and down the same few lb's.

If he tells me today that the goalposts have moved I will be devastated. I could always go on slimfast, or starve myself - but after a lifetime of failed stupid weight loss attempts Im not prepared to put myself through that.

Hi
Just wanted to wish you good luck with todays appointment. I really hope all goes well for you today, you have come a long way and are really deserving of the surgery.

XX

Will be wishing you all the luck in the world today Sam and hoping it all goes well for you xx You've done what was asked of you so I hope the change of criteria does not apply to someone like you who has already been through all the hard part and successfully maintained xxxx
All the very best x

Back