• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck on 16th August

Sambucca

Thought I'd start a thread about my forthcoming TT.

I was originally referred to plastics in Sept 2010 and saw a plastic surgeon in Oct 2010. By this time I had lost about 9 stones and maintained the loss for about 6 months, but he wanted me to maintain for longer and arranged to see me again in May 2011.

Saw him in May and I had maintained at a BMI of 27 so he agreed to put me on the list for an extended abdominoplasty.

Just had my pre op appointment yesterday and all is well so now my op is only 10 days away.

Its been a long wait and at times I'll admit Ive felt jealous of others who havent been made to wait, but in hindsight Im glad now that I have had to maintain as although my weight has been stable, my body shape has changed a lot in the last 12 months so Im confident now that the best results will be achieved. Ive also proved to myself that I can maintain the weight loss so Im less scared of regaining (although Im not daft enough to think Im not going to have to work at it.)

So, any tips from those who've had plastics in terms of what to take to hospital, or tips about recovery would be most welcome.

didnt want to read and run, we have the same dr, mr khan did my reflux op and hopefully my sleeve, i'm just waiting to see him to discuss it. I am stressin about lose skin as well, does our hosp do tummy tucks on the nhs then? good luck for your forthcoming surgery x

wow wd on your weight loss, you look pretty good on ya pic .inspirational. having my op in 19 days people like yourself assure me its for the dream.i wish you a speedy and successful tt. gl and tc xx

Aww, thats such a lovely thing to say. Thank you. Our starting stats are similar, so you will be living the dream soon enough. x

didnt want to read and run, we have the same dr, mr khan did my reflux op and hopefully my sleeve, i'm just waiting to see him to discuss it. I am stressin about lose skin as well, does our hosp do tummy tucks on the nhs then? good luck for your forthcoming surgery x

Hi Tray, you are in safe hands with Mr Khan. You should try to make it to the walsall support group meetings. The next one is 15th August but I wont be at that one.

IM having my TT at the QE in Birmingham. Once you have lost your weight you need to see your own GP to get a referral to plastics - if you need one.

Good luck x

I'm in the same situation but have to maintain for 2 years before being referred to a plastic surgeon, got one more year to do. Will watch your progress with interest x

Wow that's fantastic Sam. Good luck and a quick recovery is what I wish for you. xxxxx

Wishing you good luck with your op Sam. You really deserve it and you're a fantastic inspiration. Speedy recovery xxx

Good luck and well done for maintaining.

I am sure you will sale thru it. Just take it easy and enjoy eveyone looking after you

All the best

Jo
xx

good luck im 4 and half weeks out from my extended FDL tummytuck... and i recommend arnica and bromolain for the swelling afterwards x

Best of luck for tomorrow Sam
x

Thanks all, Cant believe its come round so quickly. Just finished work and its nice to think i wont be going back for 3-4 weeks.

Got to be at hospital for 6.30am. I'm all packed and ready and raring to go.

Good Luck Sam and wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Hi Sam, I know you'll be at the hospital now but just wanted to wish you all the best and let you know that I will be thinking and praying for you. You have always inspired me on my journey.

love and hugs
Rebirthxx

gl-001.gif
thgetwellsoon.jpg

Good Luck Sam
I hope everything goes well and you are back posting all about it soon.
I need to know everything cos I will be next

Back