• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck on 16th August

Hi All, and thanks for all the lovely comments on this thread and the other one. I thought it was time to do an update.

So I had an extended abdominoplasty on Tues 16th August and was 5 hours in surgery. After a couple of hours in recovery I was taken to the ward where I had a lovely quiet side room to begin with. I was at the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Bham and cant fault the care or the facilities, although after spending 6 days in there I was glad to get home.

The reason for the long stay is that one of my drains was producing too much fluid, still over 100ml a day at day 6, but they agreed to let me home as I said I would have to discharge myself.

Pain hasnt been too bad and was managed with codeine and paracetamol whilst in hospital. Although I stopped the codeine at day 3 due to constipation. Im day 12 now and not taking any pain relief now.

Ive been on iron tablets as well which didnt help with the constipation. I was quite anaemic after surgery and my HB was down to 9 so they put me on 3 iron tabs a day, but Ive had to reduce that myself to one a day as the constipation was making me feel so unwell. Since reducing the dose and *ahem* getting back to normal in the loo department I'm feeling much better.

I wasnt prepared for how swollen I would be. Ive gained 4" on my waist. Ive been reassured it will go down if I keep wearing the control pants. My surgeon doesnt give compression garments. I can only wear leggings or maxi dresses - nothing else fits!! So Ive got this gorgeous flat tum but its bloated as hell!! Makes it hard to know what the finishes effect is going to be.

The scar is very neat and tidy. All dressings were changed in hospital at 5 days post op and Im very happy with it.

Cant think of anything else you guys may be interested in, but if Ive forgotten anything, then just ask away.

I had my dressings changed today and I have to say, my scar looks fabulous. So neat and tidy. I'm really happy with it.

I'm mega bloated still though and hoping it starts to go down soon. It actually starts to hurt by this time of night, but when I wake up its usually a little bit flatter.

I forgot to say in the previous post that I had just under 5lb of skin removed, and when I came home from hospital that showed on the scales as I was at 11st 11 after being 12st 2 when I went in to hospital.

I went up almost immediately to 12st 1 as soon as I was home and eating properly, but thankfully it has come back down now to11st 12 which is the bottom of where I normally maintain my weight. It'll be interesting to see if it drops any further as the bloating subsides.

Hi

Glad your doing well. The swelling does go down in its own time I find it depends what I do to how swellen it was. I think they say that the swelling can take upto 12 months to be normal again. i know its just a shock to be so big again. I was lucky I could get my jeans on just after a few days but they were a big pair that I had kept.

Good luck
Jo
xx

Back