• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any advice for milk diet

Heather64

Just like to say hello, I'm having my gastric bypass on Wednesday 7 th September. I'm really nervous but excited as been waiting many years for this day.i was put on the high protein - ham,chicken,gammon diet last week but was struggling. Having spoken to the dietician on Thursday I've been put on the milk diet and have felt sick ever since.yesturday I switched to lactose free but still feel sick, has anyone else had these syptoms please any advise would be appreciated, thank you Heather x

I'm doing the milk diet right now, but sadly I can't give any advice as I'm not feeling sick. Hopefully someone will come along who can help soon.

Hope you find some answers soon.

Just like to say hello, I'm having my gastric bypass on Wednesday 7 th September. I'm really nervous but excited as been waiting many years for this day.i was put on the high protein - ham,chicken,gammon diet last week but was struggling. Having spoken to the dietician on Thursday I've been put on the milk diet and have felt sick ever since.yesturday I switched to lactose free but still feel sick, has anyone else had these syptoms please any advise would be appreciated, thank you Heather x

Stick with it. The nausea will subside. You've only got a few days to go and I can guarantee it'll all be worth it on the other side

Are you allowed to put anything in the milk?
I was allowed to add the sugar free crusher syrup, I found it really hard to drink all of that milk without it.

Good luck for Wednesday. Xxx

Try making a jelly with the milk. Make the sugar free jelly crystals with a little boiling water, then cool (it is important to do this otherwise it will curdle), then add milk up to required quantity. Eating this gives you some relief from all the liquid. I was on this milk diet for 8 weeks, couldn't fit in the required 5 pints a day though, could only fit in 4. But in eights weeks I lost 2.5 stone, one of the easiest diets I have been on as you do not have any choice.

Stick it out, you only have a few days left, good luck on the 7th.

Back