• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting milk diet tomorrow.......

emmafifema

Hi all,

I am starting my milk diet tomorrow ready for my op next wednesday....was just wondering if any of you wonderful people have any tips on how to get through it???

I am planning on having...
1 pint of milk for breakfast as I dont normally eat a lot in the mornings

2 pints at lunch time as I get fairly hungry then

Bovril drink followed but sugar free jelly for dinner

1 pint of milk in the evening.

Anyone else done it this way?

xxx

I have to start mine on Thursday.

I have 1pt for breakfast with a cup of coffee. With a jelly.
Half a pt at 10.45.
Half a pt at lunch time with 1 oxo and jelly.
1 pt about 4.
1pt when my family have their tea with an oxo and a jelly.
Then a pt before bed.

I am allowed 5 pts also my jelly I make up a pt and pour into 3 dishes. Another thing I have alot of is diet fizzy drinks to see me through.

I got through it by reminding myself over and over again why I'm doing it in the first place.

Be strong & stick with it, it'll so be worth it, I promise.

xxx

The one piece of advice I'd offer to anyone on any of the pre-op diets is that your stomach may think that your throats been cut for the first couple of days. After this, it really is easier.

Big tip - Water is going to become your very best friend. When you think you've drank enough, drink some more. It really does take hunger pangs away and it's calorie free.

The best of luck to both of you, just focus on the tiny little liver you'll get and not on how much weight you will loose at this point.

The final prize is your op and you both deserve it.

Thanks gals, I have really put it to the back of my mind until today and now I just keep thinking "omg, how will I do it".
Like you say I will have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing it! Means to an end as such.

xxx

I can't drink milk on it's own so I got through it by making milky jellies, having sugar free milk shakes and cocoa for bed time. I also had a mug of chicken bovril for the salt content and as much Ribena Really Light as I wanted.

Gail's right, the first 2-3 days are the worst as you'll feel hungry and crave solid food, but that soon passes. I found it quite easy as it took away all decision making about food.

Good luck with it :)

Good luck Emma, my op is a few days after yours. I think I am going to be doing the low cal diet, haven't made up my mind yet lol xxxxx

I used to have 1 pint of coffee for breakfast
1 pint coffee at 11
1 pint coffee at 3
1 pint crusha sf milk shake at 6
and oxo before bed

Hope this helps

EMMA
My milk diet was similar to yours apart from the dinnertime 2 pints i had one then then another at 18:00 and again at 21:00 as i found evening more hungrey time for me i would have my jelly at the 18:00 mark to so i was full for the evening, so just be strong your get there hun

Hi all,

I have been really hungry today as expected...but havnt given in! I have 1 pint of milk, 1 salty drink and 2/3 of my jelly left to eat.
I so hope this gets a bit easier as the week goes on - god knows how some of you have one more than a week on this!
xx

did anyone that has ibs suffer on the milk diet as it really cramps my stomach and makes me feel sick .. im going to ask if i can go on a low carb diet instead . also i dont understand why we go on the milk diet to shrink our livers , as i have read u should only have 30g of carbs a day to shrink it . but with 4 pints of milk your having 112 g of carbs aday it dosent make any sence to me ...

Back