• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

How much did people lose in the 6months of ballooning before the bypass? I think I'm one of the biggest, if not biggest on this forum, and just wondering how much I will lose whilst having the balloon. I'm open to anything, but a bit annoyed I can't go straight for the bypass, only because I'm terrified of going under for now two surgeries. even though one is just 15 mins... I haven't got a referral date yet, but its not far off. scared, excited and full of questions even though I have done so much research. think this is just the anxiety taking over!!!

Hi, I had the balloon at 32 stone, followed by a sleeve and have just had a mini gastric bypass! So three ops! They wouldn't operate on me until I'd been through the balloon stage due to my weight. I've just hit under the 20 stone mark now. Still a way to go! I've had the full lot! I lost weight with the balloon but towards the end of the six months I could eat more as your stomach can stretch if you're not careful. So I put a bit back on before my sleeve but they were fine with it. But it's nothing to be scared of! The only horrible part with the balloon is them putting it in and taking it out! Otherwise it's fine and nothing to worry about. You'll be fine xx

Back