• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

eaglette

Wow - after a plateau of three weeks, the weight is finally coming off again (probably thanks to mainly eating protein) though to be honest even before the plateau it had slowed right down. I've been working out every day for the last few weeks but have been kidding myself that I can therefore have high-GI/carbs. No wonder I didn't lose weight!

Part of the reason for the balloon was to take the pressure (hunger!) off and make healthy eating a habit so I've been loath to "diet" (be it 5:2, chicken/egg or otherwise) as they aren't sustainable in the long-term. Well, 5:2 might be but I mentally struggle with eating normally after a fasting day. Definitely, something to work on...

Sorry for the long post, I'm in a reflective mood. :)

bakedbean

Well done!!! I think when u start to exercise it doesn't show for a few weeks! Keep it up. I'm on a mission I'm on hol in 3 weeks. No alcohol no carbs n lots of gym haha

Neisie

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been around. Went to the UK to see my sister-in-law. Had a fab weekend with her kids and husband. After I left on Sunday she was rushed into hospice. My husband is now up with her... It's touch and go but she won't make it much longer - days at the most. Trying to be very aware of what goes in my mouth when I'm alone as when you have a massive family, together and grieving, it's all food and booze. I'm not drinking alone, and not snacking. Doc gave me some Xanax today to help me sleep. Hopefully everyone is well.

Neisie

Been doing really well on food. I've cut all processed carbohydrates from my diet. I'm sticking to lean meats and veggies. Unfortunately though, when I cut carbs I get a serious hankering for Diet Coke. Obsessed! Trying to keep it to one a day. Feeling better, not drinking, and determined to lose the 5 kilos that I've gained.

Neisie

My hubby came home last night! Great as we've been apart for three weeks. I'm doing great on the food, really controlling what I eat, and not snacking. Scale is slowly but steadily going down. Lots of stress coming up soon with the move so need to remember that protein shakes are my friend, takeaway isn't. Logging my food into MFP and trying to get back into my healthy habits.

Neisie

My sister-in-law passed away last night. My poor husband is a mess. Scrambling to try and get his passport back before the entire country shuts down for Eid. Exciting times.

rickysmrs

Sorry to hear your sad news Neisie my thoughts are with your family xx

eaglette

Dear Neisie, so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law passing away. You have been expecting it any day but that probably doesn't make it easier. I hope your husband got his passport sorted. My thoughts are with you both. xx

Neisie

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Today is moving day and tomorrow we fly out for the funeral. Nothing like a little stress!

banana90

Hi guys. Can anyone help me? Has anyone flown with Thompsons? I'm now 98kg and I am terrified I won't fit into the seats. Can anyone tell me their experience with flying with them? It may sound really stupid but I'm just petrified that I won't fit into a seat. :-(

kismet68

Hi guys. Can anyone help me? Has anyone flown with Thompsons? I'm now 98kg and I am terrified I won't fit into the seats. Can anyone tell me their experience with flying with them? It may sound really stupid but I'm just petrified that I won't fit into a seat. :-(

Flew with them when I was 114kg, you'll be fine x