• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

bakedbean

Not been on here in ages! Been to Florida on hol felt thin haha I've sooo lost my way though now I really need to get back on here n back on healthy eating. Had fab time though. Hope you guys all well!

bellini

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you to all for your posts, I have sat and over 2 days read every one on this thread from start to end & it has been very inspiring & helpful.

I am having the balloon done in October so I am sure I will have more to say when it is actually in.

I feel like it is a long road ahead but I am pleased I found this forum & hope it will give me the peace & somewhere to lean on that I am sure I will need.

banana90

Hello, I just wanted to say thank you to all for your posts, I have sat and over 2 days read every one on this thread from start to end & it has been very inspiring & helpful. I am having the balloon done in October so I am sure I will have more to say when it is actually in. I feel like it is a long road ahead but I am pleased I found this forum & hope it will give me the peace & somewhere to lean on that I am sure I will need.

Hi! Good luck for the journey. I had mine on march 1st I started off at 122kg and today I'm at 90kg. Still got a long way to go mind. But it's worth it xxx let us know how you get on

bellini

Wow congratulations, it's very strange but now I'm booked in I'm very very aware of my size, almost like I've been fat blind but now I go to yoga & every day things & I can feel every pound on me.

I know it's just because now I'm doing something about it but at the same time it's really depressing & I'm having to work harder to keep a smile on my face & not hide away.

Neisie

Hello all...been forever. I had a really rough time with the loss of my sister and our move and I gained about 10kg from my lowest. Now that things have calmed down I'm back on track and I'm down 5 kg so almost back to where I should be. It's a struggle every day but it's worth it. Next month I get my balloon out! OMG! Crazy! Hope everyone is well.

bakedbean

Hi guys well today ive had the diet chef food delivered!!! I need to get 1.5 stone off for xmas! It's on offer at mon so giving it a go. I will let u know how I get on. Neissie hope your ok. Banana hope your doing well n belong it's worth it in the end!

Marcos

I had a mad expensive episode last year with spire in Birmingham.paid £3000 for balloon.when It came for the surgery I had a panic attack just before the op with all the tubes in my arm.the thing is I've never had a panic attack B4 put it down to bad timing.had £2000 back but £1000 went down the swanny.now I'm going for mini gastric bypass next Wednesday

2nd chance Jo

Hi I been reading through quite a bit on this thread. I'm a newbie on here but I'm needing a balloon before bypass due to weight. I have my 3rd appointment in 2HOURS!! (Omg!!) I'm hoping they will list me for balloon soon as I have had sleep tests and loss the weight loss they asked for :D

Bear

:fingerscrossed: 2nd chance Jo

bellini

Advice needed or even just a yes that's what I felt like.

Walking my dog I find I can not walk as far as used to, I start to feel really heavy & uncomfortable in my stomach, almost like a bowling ball is sitting inside me.

Needless to say when I got back I was exhausted, did anyone else have this?

Thank you

Neisie

Advice needed or even just a yes that's what I felt like. Walking my dog I find I can not walk as far as used to, I start to feel really heavy & uncomfortable in my stomach, almost like a bowling ball is sitting inside me. Needless to say when I got back I was exhausted, did anyone else have this? Thank you

How long after your insertion? The first few weeks this is normal but not after that. You should be able to do more than before if you're losing weight.

Neisie

So, tomorrow my balloon comes out after a year. Looking forward to having it gone but so happy that I did it. Hope everyone is well.

How much did people lose in the 6months of ballooning before the bypass? I think I'm one of the biggest, if not biggest on this forum, and just wondering how much I will lose whilst having the balloon. I'm open to anything, but a bit annoyed I can't go straight for the bypass, only because I'm terrified of going under for now two surgeries. even though one is just 15 mins... I haven't got a referral date yet, but its not far off. scared, excited and full of questions even though I have done so much research. think this is just the anxiety taking over!!!