• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I THINK (hope) I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!

amanda577

Well I got home from work today and there was a letter from bournemouth hospital with an appointment to see the dietician on the 24th May, and a Food Diary to fill in. The letter says this is so they can calculate the right diet for me!!! Am I jumping the gun, or are they talking about the pre op diet does anyone know? and if so does that mean that a surgery date is likely to follow pretty soon after the dieticians appointment. Sorry for all the questions, but hoping that someone who has also had surgery at bournemouth might be able to give me some idea, and also to help me out with this food diary. They have sent me 3 sheets all with name date etc on it, so wondering if they want me to fill in 3 separate days of eating and not just one. I am so hoping that this is one step closer to actual surgery, any feedback would be really appreciated....
Gave up smoking as step 1 of healthier living, and haven't had a cigarette for nearly a month now, feel so much better for it, but with no smoking I've been nibbling much more than usual, so this food diary is going to look horrendous!!!

My first appointmen was with the surgeon and that ment i had funding so im not sure if you are seeing the dietician, sorry can't be more help hun xxx

thats okay. I have already had my first appointment with the surgeon back in february, who said surgery would hopefully be in around 4 months, and to wait for my dieticians appointment, which has just come through. So this is my second appointment!! sorry I didnt explain it very clearly... xx

woop! keeping my fingers crossed for you amanda :) xxx

Well that means your on your way hun !!!!!!!!

My dietician appt was a month before my pre op , which is 2 weeks before op date , so like Dawn says , on your way xx

Oh my gosh!! I'm not sure whether I'm excited or scared to death or a mixture of both!! Do you guys think that they will give me my pre op diet etc at this appointment or will that come later? sorry for all the questions....

Yes you will & your post op diet sheet too xx

thanks for all the info. Its amazing!! I have found out more from the people on here than from the hospital... or anywhere else. The support here is phenomenal!! xx

I did too , are you going to make it to a meeting ? xx

really want to make it to the april meeting!! when I spoke to penny, she also wants to come to the meetings, so we spoke about car pooling, so really should get in touch with her and see if she wants to try for the april meeting. Would dearly love to meet you all.

Sorry Pandora, also meant to ask how your recovery was going?? Are you coping okay?? No regrets?

I am doing great thanks , find my post op diary , pandora's pouch goes live .
No regrets so far .
Would be great to meet you , I do think it would be good for you to meet post op people as well as chat here xx

Good luck!!! Exciting times!!!

Good luck babe you are on your way!Sounds like the next letter you get through the door will be your date!Start running round the house like a headless chicken!

lol!!! must admit it does seem that I really am on my way now!!! but I always run around like a headless chicken so nothing new there!! Seriously though, it just makes everything seem so much more of a reality instead of just a dream. I think I am excited, but also a little apprehensive and just more than a tad terrified!!!!

Omg Omg I have just read your post and have received the same letter from my dietition for in 1 month (25 April I think) ooooo I hope hope hope it does mean its not long for us eeekk so darn excited now haha xx

Tonibones10 said:
Omg Omg I have just read your post and have received the same letter from my dietition for in 1 month (25 April I think) ooooo I hope hope hope it does mean its not long for us eeekk so darn excited now haha xx

That would be amazing for you both :D

Back