• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I THINK (hope) I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!

Sounds like you might get your surgery before me!! as my dieticians appointment isnt till may!! so will keep my fingers crossed for you xxx

I had to book mine by ringing them so I just got the earliest one I could lol but if what everyone is saying is right then I may be on my pre op when I'm at an all inclusive hotel on my holiday oh no haha :S we shall see Xx

Well I got home from work today and there was a letter from bournemouth hospital with an appointment to see the dietician on the 24th May, and a Food Diary to fill in. The letter says this is so they can calculate the right diet for me!!! Am I jumping the gun, or are they talking about the pre op diet does anyone know? and if so does that mean that a surgery date is likely to follow pretty soon after the dieticians appointment. Sorry for all the questions, but hoping that someone who has also had surgery at bournemouth might be able to give me some idea, and also to help me out with this food diary. They have sent me 3 sheets all with name date etc on it, so wondering if they want me to fill in 3 separate days of eating and not just one. I am so hoping that this is one step closer to actual surgery, any feedback would be really appreciated....
Gave up smoking as step 1 of healthier living, and haven't had a cigarette for nearly a month now, feel so much better for it, but with no smoking I've been nibbling much more than usual, so this food diary is going to look horrendous!!!

Good luck ! :D

good luck to the both of you. Amanda577& Tonibones, wont be much longer yippee. xxx

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!! This forum and the people here has made all the difference with such brilliant moral support xxxx

I've noticed that lots of people that had surgery in Bournemouth seem to have had the bypass...do you think they encourage that more there?

I went to my first consultation thinking the band was my only option, I was told after a chat with the bariatric nurse I was a suitable candidate for either band or bypass & I could choose which I had. I chose bypass, others have had the same, band & the sleeve to. So go armed with your research ask your questions and make an informed choice according to your research & their advice & what you feel will work best for your lifestyle. They are happy for you to go away & think it through before you decide they'll do the initial bloods & checks book you for say the band & you conform this or your choice with the nurse once you've made your choice. From initial consultation to surgery is roughly 16-18wks do you have time.
Hope that helps.

I also went to my first consultation with the band as my option, but after talking with the dietician and the surgeon it became apparent that they felt that I would be more suited for a bypass. My first consultation was back in February and I was told at my last appointment that there was no chance of me getting the bypass until at least the end of July or sometime in August so the waiting time is a little longer now, for me it will be around 6 or 7 months. I would assume probably due to more people opting for this type of surgery...

Back