• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any ideas to boost my weight loss???

yasmine-samara

Hi guys,

Feeling a bit disheartened as for the last 10 days I haven't lost any weight. just been 1lb lost then gained back the next day. I was losing at a fantastic rate but now it seems to have stopped.

I could possibly need to drink more and I have been posting my menu's everyday so not sure what is happening.

Any ideas???!!!!!

What kind of things are you eating? I try and eat mainly protein for lunch and tea, such as prawns, other seafood, meat if u can, cot cheese, eggs. Breakfast i have porridge. Im losing around 3lbs a week which im happy with.

It could be due to the TOTM?

hi, ive gone 12 days without any weightloss!! im 3 wks post op and i lost 2stone including pre op in 4wks but nothing for the past 12 days....strange! ive gone onto pureed today so hope that kick starts it!

lisa xxx

Ideas? Yes. Drink more and stop worrying. Your eating is fine, so just trust in your body and things will start moving.

Water is essential to break down fats in your body, so it is really important to stay hydrated.

iv just had a stall in my weightloss so im upping my exersice which for me was non exhistant and it seems to be working cant comment on your diet as im a bander

Ideas? Yes. Drink more and stop worrying. Your eating is fine, so just trust in your body and things will start moving.

Water is essential to break down fats in your body, so it is really important to stay hydrated.

Wise words from the Guvnor here, everyone stalls at some time, its your bodies way of protecting itself, remember your fighting against millions of years of evolution, your body desperately wants to hang onto its fat reserves as its been programmed this way.
As Shel said, dont worry, stick to your diet and drink lots of water, eventually your weight lose will kick back in again.

;)

I agree with both Shel and Rich - we have all been on enough diets to know we plateau some time and whether we are banders or bypassers it doesn't matter which. Just continue with your diet and liquids and if you are following them by the letter when you body kicks back in again you will see weight loss.

Just because we have had surgery doesn't mean we will lose lots of weight consistently our bodies will adapt to what has happened to us and our own metabolic rate will also try and get us back into some sort of a pattern.

Throw away your scales ~ go to boots once a week if you have too and go by the way your clothes fit you they will be a better guide to your weight loss x

thanks for your replies,

My OH has hid the scales and made me promise to just get weighed once a week!!!

How much fluids should I be drinking?

I bet some days I only have 1ish litres.......how bad is that?

I will take a water bottle to work with me today and also make sure that I log my fluids as well as my diet.

thanks for all your help!!

CULPRIT FOUND!!! You MUST drink at least 2L of low cal fluids every day. If you don't you can feel lack of energy, fuzzy thinking, mood swings, lack of weight loss, headaches and limbs falling off...okay the last one doesn't happen often but you get the point. You have no water reserves in your body so when you run out your body has to start shutting things down, weight loss is one of those things. DRINK all day long, get in as much as you can. Every sip counts. Get sipping, in fact go right now and get a glass of water, I'll wait...

So, moral of the story, always remember to drink water you can't function without it. Or lose weight or you know continue to live and stuff.

Nic:p

Thanks Nic

I knew you would come to my rescue!!!

I drink a pint of skimmed milk a day too, does that count?

I have done really well with my menu today and feel better already!

Not weighing myself til friday so will keep you posted.

xxx

Hey congrats on your success so far, that's fantastic!:D

There are indeed severe consequences of not drinking enough, the worst being the wrath of Nic :eek: ;)

Weighing once a week is much better for you emotionally. Good hubby.

Thanks shelbell,

Always there to give great advice.

It was my second anniversary on sat and OH bought me a precor machine that they use on the biggest loser Austrailia. It looks similar to a cross trainer without the moving arms (keep a look out). When I managed to lose 8 stone on sw a few years ago this was the machine that I always used in the gym and felt really comfortable on. Isn't he a little love!!!

I have started to day using it and decided to build up my time as I am only 5 weeks post op. Have done 10 mins this morning and will do another 10 this evening and see how I get on.

I could really see how much I had lost this morning when I got dressed and feel really good today. Fimally got less than 200lb to lose.......whoo hoo!!!

Roll on graduation cos I can wait to see what I will look like in my cap and gown, oh, and my gorgeous ball gown of course.....lol!

Thank you all soooooooooo much for all your help and advice, it has been invaluable!!

Another side effect of dehydration that nearly ended me up in hospital is a horrid sweet taste which taints all food and goes away as soon as you start drinking properly! Also try some gentle exercise!

Back