• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any July 2013 surgery peeps?

Carrieb
Have you tried blitzing ,then straining the fresh soups , new covent garden or supermarket own brand, there are so many flavours and that is what l am using.Helen

Yes, that's what I've been doing Helen, but smell of any soup now makes me nauseous! Will have to stick to fluids and yoghurts for next few days and prepare some nice purees ready!. You sound like you're doing really well! :)

Hi Big D

i'm doing fine. other than I actually don't want to eat at all anymore and that's a bit of a problem because I keep forgetting!! I no longer think about food as something to enjoy but I am sure that will return. How are you doing?

I'm fine loving watching the clothes falling off me lol:))))) just really tired at the minute think I'm ready for my b12 injection which I get in 2 weeks x

I'm fine too, tho am enduring a stall and haven't lost a single lb in a few weeks. I'm able to eat most things now but in limited quantities. Trying v hard to minimise carbs, eat more fish (which has been quite troublesome - I don't eat meat), stick to a routine of three proper meals and three snacks ... Have dropped from size 24 to 18. Anything off this week will be great, as I'm feeling a big frustrated. An example of typical day's food:

Skinny latte
(Breakfast) 1xWeetabix with semi and Canderel or 1xgranary toast (small loaf) with Lurpak Lightest
3xLaughing Cow light
(Lunch) 3xthin Corn cakes with snack size low fat humous
1xQuavers
(Supper) Half a diet Macaroni cheese ready meal or invention of Quorn mince with grated carrot and chopped Shallots in a sauce of chopped toms with Chilli or Plaice fillet with tenderstem Brocolli florets and mash
1x0% yog
Drinks throughout the day of NAS squash, water and diluted fruit juice

Im ok same as u paddyp not wanting to eat I feel a bit crap for a bit when I eat so don't enjoy it but still have 3 meals and try to have 2 snacks but sticking to thing like soups corned beef stew and icelollies cause they go down better but still having other things can eat everything without any problems just feel tired and achy when I do eat, im also anemic but other than that im doing well I've gone from a 22 to a 16 but I think im on a stall only lost a lb a week the last 2 weeks but starting at the gym this week so hopefully that will help glad everyone is well x

I,m doing really well, have had no problems so far. Seem to be able to eat anything but in small amounts as l now have restriction
Have just been away for a 2 night break for my birthday.Managed the food in the hotel, ordered very wisely and ate protein first then veg never managed the potato!.It was definitely harder being away and happy to be home and in control of what l eat!
It least l know it can be done.Have also joined a gym which l am really enjoying. Am now able to wear size 24 trousers, l was size 32. Today is 7 weeks post op and am back to work next week, l can honestly say this is the best thing l have ever done for myself. Helen

Doing great, not had a stall yet but I'm sure will come. I'm eating small amounts each day getting easier! Lost about 3 dress so I'm happy! :)

Doing great thanks. Had a few 1 week stalls but then I see a good loss the week after.

Down 25kg since surgery day and 66.5kg in total since the start of my journey.

Feeling great just now, was away for a few days with the my wife and son and we were out on forest walks running about and capering all day then gym and swimming at night.

Really trying to concentrate on protein but with work shifts its hrs to sort out meals to take with me. Need to make a more concentrated effort when I'm back on nights on Wednesday.

So god to here everyone's doing well, I for one am absolutely delighted that I went through with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Pleased to say that my stall seems to have shifted and I've lost a couple of lbs. Now exactly 15stone - can't wait to be 14 something. Exciting times.

In new money I was 118kg when I first saw my surgeon on 20 April. 108kg on op day (9 July), and 95kg today (15 Sept). 23kg gone! BOOM!

In real terms (and this is what matters the most to me, TBH), I was buying sizes 22/24, and now 16/18. Hoping 14/16 is just round the corner :)

Great we are all doing so well with our weight loss. Have any Julyers experienced the hair loss yet? Tho probably it is a bit too soon as it usually occurs around 3-4 months post op, so we've got that to look forward to (if we are unlucky) ... Pants!

No hair loss yet! Fingers crossed we don't suffer too bad with it

I'm dreading my hair going thin:( ..... Any1 av a problem with loose skin my bingo wings are really bad x

Oh Nicnac I do hope so. Have made a good friend through my support group who had her bypass with the same team in May. She has beaut long curly locks, but had them chopped off yesterday due to the thinning and bald patches. I've searched on here to see what has been said and it seems that it is due to the ketosis, and if around 3 months post op you can bear to slowdown the weight loss for awhile by taking on a few more calories (keeping up protein), you may minimise the hair loss. Seemingly most folks don't rate taking extra supplements. We'll see. Ho hum! x

My hair has started falling out but it always did due to bad hormones but it's been worse the last few weeks, my skin isn't to bad at the moment thankfully x

I think my hair is thinner, no bald patches but there seems to be a lot if hair in the brush and when I run my finger though I get a handful. I cut mine shorter about a week ago to make it look a bit thicker. I do have high protein and take supplements too so maybe it's just one of those things. Hopefully it a temporary thing.

Hello all. Well were all 5 month or almost 5 month post op. How are we getting on?

I was bypassed on 26 July. Weighed 20st 6lb at start of two week pre-op.
Now weigh 13st. 7lb (well I did this morning!).

So, delighted with results so far. My original target was 13st so will have to set a new one soon!

No problems with dumping at all, but if eat too many carbs feel really sleepy. Just worried about maintaining long term now! and also about picking over xmas

Really greatful that I've had such an easy ride compared to some.

Great CarrieB I was 165kg on op day and I'm 124kg now. Original target was 120 probably going to change that to 110.

Back