• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any July 2013 surgery peeps?

Hi, fortunately I haven't stalled what. I've had a steady 3kg a week loss since my op.

Are you getting enough fluids etc? I know alot of people stall when the move between diet phases.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi, fortunately I haven't stalled what. I've had a steady 3kg a week loss since my op.

Are you getting enough fluids etc? I know alot of people stall when the move between diet phases.

I'm still on fluids, should be starting softs sometime next week. I think I get enough fluids?
I have a tin of soup, 300ml slim fast,1 actimel and about 4 to 5 glasses of squash/water/juice watered down a day?

I've seen my weight maintain for 3/4 days then leave it a few days and I'm down again.

I've had to stop weighing often and just cut back to once a week. It will happen, the body is a queer thing sometimes.

Great to read this, if you all had you ops in July you seem to be recovering quickly and doing well, congrats
I am having my op 12th Aug, I have a question, is it painful after, and if so how long in pain, had gall bladder removed some years ago and was excruciating for some weeks as I had and infection, wondering if it will be the same thing

Hi Jane, I was on painkillers for 3/4 days but just really for one it the incisions that had gone through right beside a muscle and damaged it. If that hasn't been damaged then maybe just a day or so.
It'll be sore if you don't rest and you will have restricted motion for a while.

I was only painkillers for about 4 days after op pain wasn't too bad

Hi. Luckily, I heal well and quickly and have had almost no pain after my op, surprisingly, although I still took the painkillers offered. I've learned the hard way that it is more effective to take a painkiller before expecting pain than to have to treat it as it happens. I think generally, this op is not bad if laparoscopy, open incisions are more problematic.

Hope this helps,
Leslie

I consider myself extremely fortunate in that I have had no pain since the surgery. A little discomfort but nothing I would have wanted meds for. I last had pain meds in hospital on Tuesday am after surgery Monday and having emptied out my hospital bag today to wash all the stuff I laughed to find several bottles of liquid codeine and paracetamol that they sent me home with which I haven't opened and had entirely forgotten about. Have no fear - I had gallbladder problems leading to pancreatitis a few years ago and this was a breeze compared to that x

Hi Jane
I had my surgery on the 27th July, any pain l had was very manageable, the drain coming out was more painful.Really l expected the worse and l have been pleasantly surprised. I had my gallbladder out 7yrs ago with complications and that pain was 100times worse!
1 week on from my surgery and l feel great.

Oh thanks so much for your replies you have really made me feel a lot less worried and am definitely going to go through with i, you all sound like you are recovering well. My date is actually 13th now they got the day with it, the sooner it comes the better, hope you all continue to be well and weight is dropping off

hi fellow Julyers!

I had op last Monday and have coped well with the liquid stage. Not had any issues and managed to get plenty of liquid down. Sick of the sipping though but needs must. Tomorrow (as recommended by my provider) I move onto the next phase - sloppy purees. I am so looking forward to mashed potato with cheese which is currently living in tiny pots in my freezer. How is everyone else getting on with that phase?

Also is actimel ok during this phase?

Thanks

S
x

Youre doing so well Paddyp - I can't wait for purees - if I never eat soup again it will be too soon!!

Isn't it so funny what different providers recommend. I do think when you have the surgery on NHS in particular there should be an agreed protocol. I am so worried that I might push the boundaries as I was given jelly the day after my op in hospital (as recommended by my provider again) whereas others have to wait a lot longer. Sx

I'm on 2 weeks liquid, so from thursday go on to 2 weeks puree, then 2 weeks soft, then begin adding textures! Can't wait for something other than soup. I think I've probably been a bit unimaginative in my liquid stage. Nothing tastes the same as it did pre-op though, which I wasn't expecting. Only protein today is glass of milk and muller light yoghurt. dreaming of cheese!!:eek:

It is very confusing!

I'm hoping to start softs sometime next week, and have my first checkup on Sunday next week.

I'm feeling a bit down and grumpy today, doubting my decision to have the surgery, anyone recognize this?

I'm not liking the puree stage just due to texture of the food. Only another 11 days and I can move onto soft food :)

I'm about half way through week 4, so just in my 3rd week of purée.
I've found it a challenge so far. It took me a week or so to get into the right consistency for puree's.
I'm
Should have started trying soft last Thursday but waiting till I come off shift on Tuesday night before I make any changes. It then gives me a full two weeks to get into my stride with soft and hopefully phasing in normal before I go back.

Back