• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any one happily maintaining a size 14?

Serapis Bey

Im too weeks post op and I would like you input on something.

When I had my 1st consultation, the doctor said that I would never be a size 10 or 12, the smallest I could hope for is a size 14. This was music to my ears because I really *dont* want to be a 10 or 12. Im currently a size 24/26.

I spoke to someone else the other day who said it's inevitable that I will be a size 12 or below after having the bypass and if I wanted to be bigger I should have roped for the band. (My surgeon said I was too heavy for the band.)

Once I'm healed up I do intend to hit the weights to try and get as much muscle mass as possible on my body, but I'm not sure how easy this will be considering the lack of protein.

I hope I don't sound ungrateful, because I'm not.
I thank god daily for this wonderful gift. I was *very* lucky to get the operation as I was fairly active (going to the gym 4 times a week) and had/have no co morbidities. According to the doctor, the op was grated on the grounds of BMI and as a preventative measure.

So my question is anyone reached and maintained their goal at a size 14 or even 16?

Thank you :)

You're like mee! I'm 2 weeks post-op and aiming for a size 14 maximum. I got my operation due to my BMI, and my only co-morbidities were joints pains and heartburn.

In my case I'm aiming for a 14 because I'm quite tall, so anything less doesn't look good. Any reason you won't be happy with a 12? From what I see on the forum, people start out with a particular target, but as they lose more and more weight, the goal posts change. You may find that you feel differently closer to goal.

for some reason, i didnt think id get lower than a 14, i think maybe thats cos thats the lowest ive been since being a teenager, a long long time ago, i hit 14 at christmas, and although im only tiny, i didnt look too bad, so i was quite happy, but then it seemed like over night, i was a 10 bottoms and 12-14 top, it was a bit of a shock, must admit though, im really chuffed now, so its like u say, the goalposts move all the time.

You're like mee! I'm 2 weeks post-op and aiming for a size 14 maximum. I got my operation due to my BMI, and my only co-morbidities were joints pains and heartburn.

In my case I'm aiming for a 14 because I'm quite tall, so anything less doesn't look good. Any reason you won't be happy with a 12? From what I see on the forum, people start out with a particular target, but as they lose more and more weight, the goal posts change. You may find that you feel differently closer to goal.

Zafara, I think you're my bypass twin lol!! We also started at around the same weight too :)

I'm big boned (honestly). I was a size 16 at nearly 15 stone and I looked like a 14 and felt feminine and beautiful. A 14 is what I class as slim. I fear that if I get smaller than a 14, the weight will come from my bum. I really don't want a flat or skinny bum

for some reason, i didnt think id get lower than a 14, i think maybe thats cos thats the lowest ive been since being a teenager, a long long time ago, i hit 14 at christmas, and although im only tiny, i didnt look too bad, so i was quite happy, but then it seemed like over night, i was a 10 bottoms and 12-14 top, it was a bit of a shock, must admit though, im really chuffed now, so its like u say, the goalposts move all the time.

Hi Dawny,

I'm glad you're happy with your weight loss, well done :)
Did you work hard to be a size 10 lower body, or did it just happen?
I guess I will wait and see when I get there.

I'm maintaining a 12 (occasional 10) but without the skin I would definitely be a 10 and I'm tall. I don't have any bum though, it is completely flat. My friend Nic (phatgirl) is maintaining a 14 quite successfully, and looks amazing. She has pics on her profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Id say suck it and see!Do everything your team advises.Get the protein in first,plenty of water for joints and bowels.Keep up the vits and calcium.Dont start exercise till your team says its ok and get plenty of rest for the first few months.You wont be on enough calories to exercise too hard at first.Take no notice of the person you mentioned,your surgeon knew you needed the bypass and you can expect to loose about 60/75% of your excess weight.If that works out at size 12/14 or 16 I am sure you will be happy and healthier!Maz x

hi plump, (your gonna have to find another name), i dont feel as though i worked at getting down to a 10, it just sort of hppened, mind you, i did have a traumatic time around nov - jan, so wasnt concentrating on my weight, i was staying with my daughter for a couple of months, due to there being a massive gas explosion at beginning of nov. probably why i didnt realise that the weight was dropping off, ive sort of stabilized since coming bck home just before new year. i dont really wnt to lose any more now, maybe half a stone at most. i think you will get to wht you want to get to, just keep going and stay positive. and think of a new name. hugs xx

No one can say where,when or how long it will take you weight to come off exactly!Isnt a flat bum better than a fat bum!You can disguise it if exercise doesnt work.

Shelbell you are tall aren't you! I just looked at your stats. I got totally the wrong impression from your photo's you look so petite and lovely I just assumed wrongly that you were short! You look like you have pixie features and a small frame.

I hope that hasn't come across as an insult it is meant in the nicest way. I have been inspired by you and your scrolling pictures. Trisha

Yep at 2 years out I'm maintaining a 14 with occasional 12s thrown in here and there. I was 417lbs at the very beginning and 299 pre-op. Like you I have a very big frame, tried to buy a wrist watch a little while ago and no way hose. Need a man's size and then I struggled. The orthopaedic surgeons who look after me (got severe osteo-arthritis) say during ops everyone marvelled at the size (and state) of my spine and pelvis.

M

I started out a size 24 and weighing 18:10 and a size 14 was my goal but in less than 12 months from my bypass I'm a size 8/10 and very very happy, if someone had told me i would ever be this size i would of thought they were on drugs lol and as im 5ft7 thought i would of looked way to thin but apparently not, your body will stop loosing when it's ready so don't worry and enjoy ;)

Hi I started out size 34-36 and am maintaining size 14 sometimes 12 on top.......the problem with me is that i have a huge apron and so therefore its doubtfull i'd get any smaller at the bottom without the op xx

penguina said:
Shelbell you are tall aren't you! I just looked at your stats. I got totally the wrong impression from your photo's you look so petite and lovely I just assumed wrongly that you were short! You look like you have pixie features and a small frame.

I hope that hasn't come across as an insult it is meant in the nicest way. I have been inspired by you and your scrolling pictures. Trisha

Not insulted at all :) I'd love to be shorter and petite though. I do have a small frame, my wrists are tiny and I can't buy rings from shops like Dorothy Perkins which do small medium and large as the small is too big. I'm happy with the size I am now but I would like a bit more junk in my trunk! ;)

I started out at a good 32/34 - I'm about 5' 3" (have been 5' 4 1/2" lol)

I never planned any particular size - just 10st lose over the 18 mth window.

Now 13 1/2 st lighter and a 10/12 - with no bottom whatsoever!! despite having a big bottom before - I can hardly believe it!!

And I thought I was big framed!! - always needing wide shoes, extended watches, larger rings etc - I now find I'm really quite narrow!!

Now how did that happen?

I'd just wait and see what happens - maybe they will be wrong and you will be surprised!!

xx

I was 22st 3lbs size 28/30, im now 10st 10lbs and a size 12(some 10 bottoms). I set my target at 11 stone and a size 14 but having reached that i wanted to lose more so i reset my target to 10st 3lbs but i am finding this hard to get to at the mo! I lost 10 stone in my first year and it has taken me almost another one to lose another 2 stone so the weightloss has really slowed for me! I do feel very lucky though as i dont look gaunt and my loose skin is minimal (apart from the bingo wings!). I think that it's something you just have to decide along the way even though for some the decision is taken out of their hands as i think alot of our bodies just do as they please! xxx

had my op almost 2 years ago now and have been a 16 for 12 months - in the system now for my plastics - a long way to go now with no guarantee of them saying yes - if they do Im thinking I might slide down to a 14.

My thoughts are that the bigger you are at the beginning, the less chance you will have of getting to a 10/12 but then Im probably wrong and everyone is different. Just be happy in the skin you are in when the scales stop moving is my motto.

hi caroline we are the same height and start weight, can i ask what plastics you are hoping to have? i know last time i got down to 13st 2lb i was a size 14 and could have done with a boob job everything else was ok due to running and the gym but i am older now with a child so i know i wont be able to gym as much this time round, i am hoping i can get away with being a fit and health 14 and just have a boob job

No one can say where,when or how long it will take you weight to come off exactly!Isnt a flat bum better than a fat bum!You can disguise it if exercise doesnt work.

Nope I feel that a fat bum is better than a flat one. I can't help it, I just have a fear of having a flat/no bum. I guess we all have our "things" lol.

I'm hoping to lose the weight at a relativity slow rate and going back to lifting weights and hitting the leg press/squats once I heal.

Plump333 said:
Nope I feel that a fat bum is better than a flat one. I can't help it, I just have a fear of having a flat/no bum. I guess we all have our "things" lol.

I'm hoping to lose the weight at a relativity slow rate and going back to lifting weights and hitting the leg press/squats once I heal.

That would probably make a big difference aswell though, I'm disabled as well as G.I. compromised so have some muscle wastage and no developed muscles at all.

Here you go, this is supposed to be showing my 19 week bump (not that I had much of one!) but shows my flat bum too! This would have been just over a year post op, and 3-4 months after reaching goal, but a few pounds under lol.

Bump19w.jpg

Back