• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Goal weights

its such a shame that a lot of healthcare professionals take bmi as 'gospel', my dietician uses it as a general guide, but dosnt try to 'enforce' it, probably for the reasons already said, i just wish everybody thought that way.

Go with the flow Steph whatever you feel is right. Looking at the antenatal ladies at our surgery Mums come in every shape and size so you must be good to go weight wise now you are so much smaller. The PS told me 2 stones of extra skin is what he estimates if all the excess is taken off so you must be ready for the new challenge once the 12 months is up if thats the time scale. Good luck you'll make a lovely Mum

M

Thanks guys xx
Yep, Im totally ready for the challenge of trying to become a family once the time is right, I was thinking maybe January to start if I get the go ahead.
Thank you for saying I would make a lovely mum xx
Steph xx

I have been so focussed on being 10stone for the last year, that now I am here I am wondering what all the fuss was about, it's just a number! What is important is how we feel and whether we are comfortable with our weight. I am not even sure what my BMI is now, and I know I have slipped under my target, but like others have said, my body will set what it wants me to be.

Rx

I can't imagine being a healthy weight or close to this dilemma.. I think if you are happy at your weight now then all well and good but you could just wait and see if your body stops losing.

I don't think i've had a 4lb loss any week of my first few months of my surgery and had enough stalls so congrats IRJ xx

I think if you are happy at your weight now then all well and good but you could just wait and see if your body stops losing.

Oh Im not going to get to 10st and do everything I can to stop the loss (if there is any after that, could take me months to get the last 12lbs off!!!) but if I suddenly had a big drop in pounds once I reached that target and it looked like I was likely to lose quite a bit more I would actively try to stop it. So it is a wait and see thing but my official goal weight now is 10st and anything after that (up to 1st) is just gravy.
Thanks xx
Steph xx

i don't hink i WANT to be tiny...a couple of the guys i have been kinda seeing recently have both said don't get too skinny haha
i have always been saying that i would happy to get to around 12-13st, i don't think i am built to be tiny, and wouldn't want to be.

but like you say everyone is different, and my body will stop losing the weight when it wants to, i never thought i would be back to the weight i currently am.

BMI is next to pointless in many ways, as if you are fit an mucular, it does not take this into account...

For example, my friends hubby works out big time and is like Vin Diesel in build, eats healthy and execises all the time yet he weighs 17 stone.

This makes his BMI about 34, which is obese...

TOTAL TRIPE!

Its just numbers...you will know when you feel comfortable.....

oh yes!!! my sentiments exactly....puts added undue pressure to be in that "NORMAL" bracket

Back