• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets of having the sleeve

sunny69

Hi all, just a quick question do any of you at all have any regrets of having the sleeve done? My biggest regret was the band as it didn't work out as you'll see from my previous post.

I think I'm too new to it to comment really. So far so good - but it's only been 12 days since my op! :D x

I've absolutely no regrets whatsoever Sunny. I originally booked a band - chickened out and then decided on the sleeve. Looking back over the last 14 months it's been a great journey. I'm not quite where I want to be but I am in healthy BMI range.
I eat out (starter only), I eat all my favourites, have developed a preference for pescatarianism and enjoy a glass or 2 of wine. (Although this has been a challenge controlling). I wish I'd done it years ago.

I'm the same as bear..booked a band, cancelled it and had a good think then went for a sleeve. I'm heading on 15 months post op. I've had a very easy journey really, lost every pound..thrown up a few times..learnt from my mistakes but still miss food. I get frustrated regularly as I can't eat much,I'm constantly thinking about when I have to eat nxt and when I have to drink. I love my sleeve though and couldn't have done it without it. I feel so much better health wise. But..once the excitement of weight loss has passed don't forget it's for life!

Kar8858 I just worked out how much you weigh In Stone's, was it your intention to get that slim? And are you still losing, can you still eat meats? Thank you x

Sunny, it was not my intention to get to this weight but I am very happy at it and have hopefully plateaued now. I can eat meat but when I do it's generally chicken or ham. I don't eat meat too much, maybe once or twice a week as its like a kick in the guts as my stomach is so small. An example is I can eat three chicken nuggets by themselves and that's it I'm so full I can't describe it! I stick with soft food mostly yoghurt and porridge. Pizza is ok and white fish. I threw up a bit at first until I worked out what agreed with me. I eat about 1200 calories a day and try to drink 1.5 litres of water.

I am 9 months out and have reached my goal. Very happy with my progress. I can eat everything. I can eat a chicken breast and some veg in normal pace, am OK with bread etc. I had a big cornish pastry the other day! (1st since surgery) what I am trying to.say is you will not be depraved. However you will not be able to eat the huge quantities like before. You this to change your habits, learn ok to eat small quantities. Eat protein first, for example in office canteen I will have soup, add protein powder. That's enough. If you are having roast, learn to say just meat and veg. If you must have it, half a roast potato. Your tummy will not accept more anyway.
Good luck.

Kar8858 do you ever go out for a meal if so what do out have, you seem to be so limited as to what you can eat your portion size seems extremely small, I' just want to gather as much info as possible, thankyou x

Yes i eat out quite a bit but i order a childrens meal and eat as much protein as i can and leave the rest. My diary has lots of photos of what i eat and how much its quite interesting and shows what its like when you get a small sleeve. Today ive had a shredded wheat with milk, three danio yoghurts, a porridge sachet, a plum and a kikat chunky. Ive drunk 2 cups of tea and 800ml of water. Thats 1000 calories and 48g of protein. My protein ranges from 45-65 grams a day depending on what i eat.
Others can eat a lot more than me in a meal...i consider myself lucky...it makes it easy when you cant physically eat stuff. Im seeing Mr Halstead this week so might ask him how small my stomach is!!

I asked my surgeon about my sleeve size and he said he used a standard bougie to create the size of my sleeve.

I am full after a Danio yogurt.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi, I had a sleeve two years ago and have just had a conversion to mini gastric bypass as my sleeve became baggy effectively. I never ate excessively but found I could easily eat a main meal and dessert in the end. I lost 10 stone with it but I could eat quite normally with mine after the first year and my weight loss stalled. I actually put a few stone back on, hence the surgeons re operating as I still have a lot to lose. I also got a hiatus hernia but it doesn't give me any problems. But that is my story and I would say that most people are very successful with it long term. I'd still recommend it highly as a surgery option X

Hi, I had a sleeve two years ago and have just had a conversion to mini gastric bypass as my sleeve became baggy effectively. I never ate excessively but found I could easily eat a main meal and dessert in the end. I lost 10 stone with it but I could eat quite normally with mine after the first year and my weight loss stalled. I actually put a few stone back on, hence the surgeons re operating as I still have a lot to lose. I also got a hiatus hernia but it doesn't give me any problems. But that is my story and I would say that most people are very successful with it long term. I'd still recommend it highly as a surgery option X

Do they know what caused your sleeve to become baggy pooh?

A silly question, but can you ask the surgeon for a smaller sleeve..?

Do they know what caused your sleeve to become baggy pooh?

Crikey, yes this was my question to.

I know I can eat an awful lot more than I used to be able to and I could always eat a lot more than Karina could.

A silly question, but can you ask the surgeon for a smaller sleeve..?

Hi Hun :)

I did ask that question to Mr Robinson and was told they use the standard size at Worcester. I get full after a Danio yogurt!!

Emma and Karen want to me get more in as i am deficient in iron and calcium, despite taking the recommended supplements. I am having six small meals a day now and a couple of healthy snacks.

Still got a long way to go but I am however over the moon with my secret sleeve. It's been one of the best things I've ever done. I feel much brighter, healthier and confident.

Do they know what caused your sleeve to become baggy pooh? Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

They just said it can happen to some people. I didn't have have a tiny tiny sleeve like some people as I was 32 stone when I started, so whether it was because I could eat more I'm not sure. X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back