• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any regrets/best thing ever

sunny69

Hi all, does anybody have any regrets about having the gastric band done or would you say its one of the best things that you have had done
sunny69

Hi all, does anybody have any regrets about having the gastric band done or would you say its one of the best things that you have had done
sunny69
hi Sunny, the band is a difficult journey for some, myself included as you can still eat rubbish. Willpower is still needed in high doses. It is much harder than I ever thought it would be.
However....I don't regret it for a moment and have lost five stone, if I hadn't had my band I would probably still be 19 stone or more!
Karen x

Miss hungry said:
hi Sunny, the band is a difficult journey for some, myself included as you can still eat rubbish. Willpower is still needed in high doses. It is much harder than I ever thought it would be.
However....I don't regret it for a moment and have lost five stone, if I hadn't had my band I would probably still be 19 stone or more!
Karen x

I totally agree with what Karen says here - I have only lost 3 stones since last may because I have not followed the strict rules. It is definately not an easy way out by no means and at times I have thought 'what have a done?' but if I could turn the clock back I would have it done again.

I am only 4 months out and although I am in bed with food poisoning right now so feeling miserable I love my band...

How can I regret having lost 4st 7lb since my op in oct...(and counting).....I sooooo love my band!!!!

I love my band. Its not the easy option but its the safest. And I would say that you have to embrace the changes you need to do to lose weight because its VERY easy to cheat your band and the sooner you can take on board the fact that you have to change, the easier the journey. It was the risk/safety angle of the operation that swayed me but its a very personal decision and I would never fault anyone on their choice :)

i love my band, iv lost 4 n half stone since sept, hard on times when food gets stuck and quite frustrating but i would never have lost this much weight on my own, also hope u get better soon mis xxx

I love my band too! no regrets whatsoever.

The thing to remember that WLS is a tool, which you must use wisely - follow your post op advice, dont push the boundaries and move about more and you will lose weight :D

I love my band too. I will hopefully hit my 100lbs lost this week, 8 months down the line. It's definitely not cheating. You still have to work hard with your tool to get the most from it. To be successful you must change your approach to what you eat and how you eat it....Go into the journey informed, prepared and with realistic goals...and it can work for you :D

sunny69

My only regret was that I didnt have it done years ago. Other then that No regrets at all :D

Back