• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any tips to get out of a Stall?

I am fast running out of patience....I know I should just wait but, have not lost any weight in 10 days or more...and it's my second stall. I am 9 weeks post-op.

I have tried eating more (1000-1200 calories, depending on exercise taken) and have not been 'rewarded' with any loss...not even 1lb.

I am sure many of us have had this happen....anyone got any ideas or tips to get my weightloss moving:cry:

Very high protein and very low carb, plus make sure u get plenty of fluids in. I really hope it starts shifting honey xxx

from me phone :D

Or maybe try liquids for a couple of days? xxx

from me phone :D

Delicious-Jax said:
I am fast running out of patience....I know I should just wait but, have not lost any weight in 10 days or more...and it's my second stall. I am 9 weeks post-op.

I have tried eating more (1000-1200 calories, depending on exercise taken) and have not been 'rewarded' with any loss...not even 1lb.

I am sure many of us have had this happen....anyone got any ideas or tips to get my weightloss moving:cry:

Eating more didn't work for me...,..I was much lower consuming circa 800 cals with exercise.
Does your exercise raise the heartbeat and get you breathless?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thanks ladies, will try higher protein levels today.

Yes, exercise is mostly walking and I can go at quite a rate now ! Walking an hour a day, minimum.

I should lose 3.2lbs a week on 1000 calories (according to myfitnesspal) but, my body is not respecting the maths !!!!

I know this is the way I will eat for the rest of my life, so I don't want to start thinking I am on a diet...which it isn't.
Just frustrated at the stall...will be full of smiles when it starts coming off again ! Such is life !

Hey lovely!

Why don't you write downin here your normal daily food intake so we can all have a gander and see where we can help?

I guess the obvious are protein and increase liquid though, maybe a load of fibre to shift your bowels around to haha! Is nearly totm as that may be hindering you as well....was it roughly 4 weeks ago you had last stall....? Detective nat here lol!

Stalling sounds a b**ch but I know it will shift again as frustrating as it is right now!

Nx

I stalled for a month. I do around 2 hours hard gym cardio (spinning and running a day) and I'm on at most 1000 calories a day.
It's started moving slowly again when I started having protein shakes this week. It's the only difference really so I can only assume it's the protein?
xx

I stalled for about a month but although pounds weren't coming off inches were. No complaints there. Doctor said it was perfectly normal & not to worry as I was doing everything I should (protein, exercise' fluids) eventually it started up again albeit slowly but in the right direction. Don't stress out too much.

Still no weightloss....seems incredible ! I try not to focus on it but, I am thinking about it all the time.......I use myfitnesspal to monitor what I eat and my protein levels are good.
I don't know what else to do....I just have to wait but, this is the first time I have doubted my Sleeve....even though I know it's not my stomachs fault but, I have to blame something !!

I see other peoples weightloss coming off steadily and I can't help but think...why not me?

I don't eat more than 1000 cals a day...sometimes I have 700.

OK, so no more moaning...it wont help...just going to research more on why this happens and what else I can do to get things moving. Ho hum.

I found Myfitnesspal to over estimate the calories by a significant amount, is it possible you may not be eating as many calories as you think you are leading to your body going into starvation mode?

Have you lost inches then?? I have had a few stalls mainly once I hit 6months post but seems to have started moving again. I seem to have 3 weeks where nothing happens then might lose 4 then nothing a gain till next 3 or 4 weeks. Just stick with it it will happen try not to get too hung up on calories etc. else you go back to the way we used to be and when most people get stressed that when we eat the wrong things I know I do, relax and concentrate on portion sizes and the right combinations protein 1st, then veg, then carbs. My dietician got me to work on 6 portions of protein a day, 2 veg, 2 fruit, but can have 3 due to constipation, n 2-3 carbs. I cannot live without carbs. I just try and stick to this not the calorie counting an dit has and is still working am trying not to go down the old road of calorie counting. I f i really want something I have it just in a miniscule portion. YOu go girl you'll be fine xx

In the info I recieved from my surgeon it actually says that expect your weight loss to stall in the 3rd month after your op - then it picks up again! Ive had a bypass but I imagine it'll be the same for most wls.

Still no weightloss....seems incredible ! I try not to focus on it but, I am thinking about it all the time.......I use myfitnesspal to monitor what I eat and my protein levels are good.
I don't know what else to do....I just have to wait but, this is the first time I have doubted my Sleeve....even though I know it's not my stomachs fault but, I have to blame something !!

I see other peoples weightloss coming off steadily and I can't help but think...why not me?

I don't eat more than 1000 cals a day...sometimes I have 700.

OK, so no more moaning...it wont help...just going to research more on why this happens and what else I can do to get things moving. Ho hum.

I am in EXACTLY the same situation. I have only lost 13 lbs since my op now 6 weeks. and for the past 10 days have not seen a single gram of weight loss

I know how you feel, I am currently 18 week post op and found the last 4 weeks I keep stopping and starting. :confused:
Sunday, I went to a christening and was really good all day having 'flat' diet coke and only a little from the buffet. I then went out with my husband on the night and had a few 'cheeky' vodka's ;);). I weighed in on Monday morning at 15st 7lb, but I knew this would change as its always did after I had a drink.
I weighed again on Tuesday and I had gone up to 15st 10lb, I was happy as I know what my body is like. Anyway, today I am 15st 13lb!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:.

Point being, I'm fed up with 'living by the scales' and I am ditching them!!!!!! I am taking them to my Mum's and only using them once a week!!!!

I am hitting the protein this week!!! It's horrible when your trying and nothing happening!!

Thanks everyone...was really down this morning, wondering if I was just doomed to stay this way...seems irrational now but, those pesky scales are running my life at the moment.

Will give them to my sister...she lives next door !.....and tell her to only let me have them on Friday mornings....will weigh myself once more tomorrow and then they are banished next door for a week.

My clothes are showing starting to look quite baggy so will need to go and buy a few things in the next couple of weeks.....will just focus on that as a marker , for now.

Yes buying clothes is a great distraction! we should have our own swop shop on here as I already have clothes that I need to get rid of as I intend to never need a size 20 again!!

Nx

Just made 70 quid selling some of my big stuff on ebay. Pays for new stuff.

I can't wait til I can sell my fat clothes on eBay.......and get into some of my (very) old clothes that I never thought I'd wear again!!!

Will give them to my sister...she lives next door !.....and tell her to only let me have them on Friday mornings....will weigh myself once more tomorrow and then they are banished next door for a week.

I think that is the answer - as you will lose and lose more, but the using scales more than once a week "slows" it down in our mind.

I read somewhere a suggestion to only weigh yourself once every two weeks. Write down the new weight and see the difference over time. And as others have already said, get the tape measure out as even though you maybe not seeing a change in the scales, you will with the inches.

Best of luck.

Back