• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Natural stall or doing something wrong?

shellington

Both my partner and I seem to have hit a stall at present having both only lost 4lb in the last 3 weeks. We had our op 21st May. (Me sleeve, her wrap)
We are both using an app to monitor our calories and hit between 800 and 1000 a day. Usually in the form or 3 small meals and 2-3 snacks of yogurt/smoothies/crackers, eating every 4 hours or so. I walk 30mins daily ( as part of my commute) and she has been cycling or walking 3-4miles most days, more on weekends.
We have been very strict on eating lean protein first, with chicken/turkey/fish/eggs and limiting carbs to one bread a day or few crackers, fruit and veg intake has been increased.
We did not manage the protien shakes for long and we take multivit/b12/milk thistle and calcium daily.
I drink 1.5lrs water daily as have gone off the taste of tea. She drinks quite a bit of tea.
Could you suggest anything? is our calorie intake to high? too many meals? too few protein or just a stall? has anyone else stalled for such a long period?
I am 21stone 12 now so thought I should be losing it still quickly! :confused:
Many thanks for your help.

Review your carb intake, as fruit is full of carbs too! how many carbs/protein are you consuming typically?

the average carbs are between 27gm - 70gms, protein is 45gms - 77gms daily majority of carbs are on the lower end of the scale most days and protein is around the middle of that range most days.

Well that all looks near as damn it!.....wonder if it's just nature acting up? Maybe drink another litre if you can? Exercise but not by walking but cardio? So you get the heart pumping!! Sorry I'm not much help :(

Hmm sounds to me you are doing what you are meant to be. Did you lose a lot of weight before the op? I'm thinking maybe it's a natural stall but to give you system a kick start you could try some more intense exercise if that is possible and you've been cleared for it and try upping the water, just like Jo says. Maybe try some different foods and keep aiming for higher end of protein and lower end of carbs each day. Another thing is to have 4-6 small/mini meals a day and cut out snacks, some people swear by that but others do just fine with 3 day and snacks so that is up to you. If it is a natural stall it will start up again. Another things you could do is arrange a chat with your dietician and show her/him your food diaries. There might be something in there that non pro's can't see. Best of luck. Hope it starts coming off quickly again for you :) x

Last edited:
thanks guys for the replys I have sent my food dairy's too my wls provider and am waiting for feedback. I have lost 3 stone 9 lb since may 1st so maybe its just a lot of weight for my body in short period of time. Will try to up the exercise and see how I get on. thanks again.

I seem to have come out of the stall, i was starving yesterday, literally had to eat every 2 hours went 200 over my calories, and dropped 4lb!

I must admit I eat over 1000 cals a day usually and am averaging about 2-3lbs a week, sometimes I think starvation mode kicks in and tries to cling on to the fat!

This is very interesting. I stall alot but can't hardly eat much. I am going to try to increase my calorie level a bit , healthy options of course. I will report back to let you all know how I get on. Thx.

I eat more than most bypassers seem to. And I lose at least 2 lbs a week at the moment and for me that is a small loss- its usually 3-5 lbs

Back