• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any type2 diabetics gastric banders?

I weighed 130kg 5yrs ago & got down to 100kg this year but then I was diagnosed with type 2 in feb this year, we know I hadn't had it long as I only had a blood test last year & results were normal, fasting level was 4.3, glucose test was 5.1 but in less than 12 months my fasting level became 18.4 with Ac1 of 12.1!
GP was gobsmacked & I was sent off for extra tests as he thought I might be late onset diabetes as that would explain the dramatic rise, but nothing conclusive came back, after being on metformin & gliclazide by levels have lowered but not enough even on a fairly low carb diet, my weight has now gone back up to 107.5 & I am dreading the future, I am uncomfortable with the bypass op but happy with the band op so That is what I have gone for, I am just waiting for the loan I have applied for to be approved, never had a loan before so its all a bit new! apparently its been approved in principle but need to send signed paperwork back which I did on saturday so fingers crossed ;)

Back