• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any Wrappers out there.....

angelwings

I'm going for gastric wrap surgery on Tuesday, I'd love to here your post-wrap stories and successes for a little added reassurance :) Thanks x

I'm going for gastric wrap surgery on Tuesday, I'd love to here your post-wrap stories and successes for a little added reassurance :) Thanks x
hi Angel Wings im 13 days post wrap!! Had it done in Prague, who are you having yours with?
i didnt need a pre op diet and have lost a stone in the 13 days since op, so im very happy.
im now on mushy food, weetabix and mash etc and tolerating it well, just have tummy bruising type pain.
the op takes 2 hours (ish) and i have 4 laparoscopy scars on abdomen, the wind pain is quite painful for a few days after. I have no regrets and the care was good and im looking forward to a happy life again.
feel free to ask me anything hun x

Hi Terri, thanks for the reply, that's really positive! I'm going with secret surgery and the service has been absolutely excellent so far. I only booked my surgery 2 weeks ago so a lot has gone on in that time but Angela at SS has held my hand all the way :)
How much have you lost so far? xxx

angelwings said:

Hi Hun... Im 5 weeks post op... Also went to Czech republic but with cos bliss... I have lost 2 stone so far.. As said above, the wind after the op is annoying but bareable,

You will be fine, it is a massive change, I get frustrated easily as my life before was food food food... I ave been suffering with lack of energy also and have taken longer off work until I'm eating properly.. But everyone differs..

Look forward to your progress
I'm also on the secret surgery fb page as wanting a boob reduction when I'm at goal...

Good luck for Tuesday xx

Wow!!!. 2 stone in 5 weeks is Amazing!!! Well done... That's inspired me loads! Just need to get this week over and done with so I can start the rest of my life :)

Do you take anything for the wind? Windeze or gaviscon etc??

Did you eat anything post surgery whilst still in Prague?

Xxx

Hi Terri, thanks for the reply, that's really positive! I'm going with secret surgery and the service has been absolutely excellent so far. I only booked my surgery 2 weeks ago so a lot has gone on in that time but Angela at SS has held my hand all the way :)
How much have you lost so far? xxx
I have lost a stone in 13 days x
you have water only for the first 2 days which you have to sip and then clear broth etc. you will have NO appetite at all, i still dont!

angelwings said:
Wow!!!. 2 stone in 5 weeks is Amazing!!! Well done... That's inspired me loads! Just need to get this week over and done with so I can start the rest of my life :)

Do you take anything for the wind? Windeze or gaviscon etc??

Did you eat anything post surgery whilst still in Prague?

Xxx

It's the hardest part the waiting... I've hit a stall now.. That is common in the early weeks. I haven't lost weight for 2 weeks. So don't be disheartened if it happens to you, it's just the body adjusting..

For the wind all you need to do is walk, bend, stretch and burp if you can...

I was in Brno and stayed in the hospital for the full duration, you won't feel like eating and that's perfectly normal.. Just need to keep sipping water, plain or with cordial. We had yogurts to try also, but they didn't agree with me at the time..

It wasn't all plain sailing though I was emotionally drained, I hate needles and missed home.. But apart from all that I know I made the right decision and now it's nothing but a fond distant memory xx

terri.c said:
I have lost a stone in 13 days x
you have water only for the first 2 days which you have to sip and then clear broth etc. you will have NO appetite at all, i still dont!

Wow well done for your loss xx

Back