• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Choose your surgeon and team carefully

Tracey12

I know surgery works well for a large proportion of people but please please be aware that that is not always the case. I travelled to Prague for a gastric plication (wrap) a few years ago with a relative. We both had the same procedure. Despite our best attempts it did seem that the surgery hadn’t worked. Then.... my relative had to have investigations at a local uk hospital due to stomach pains. That investigation proved NO bariatric surgery had ever been performed. Today I have been discharged from my local NHS hospital after emergency surgery. They were aware of the gastric plication surgery I had but were sad to tell me that no “wrap” had ever taken place. No evidence of it at all. So that is 2 out of 2.
We had all the pre op checks and general anaesthesia but just had 4 holes put in our tummy so it looked like we had been operated on. That’s are NO post op checks at these hospitals to prove you had what you paid for. After our initial complaint to the clinic and the booking agency there is no back up either.
Please be careful folks. We lost a lot of money and dreams and were put in dangerous and vulnerable positions.
Good luck with your choices x

Tracey12

We complained to the company and the surgeon when my relative was told no surgery had been performed and was basically told they would sue us for slander even though we had proof. It’s tough cos it’s a foreign country. Now we have 2x proof I’m not sure. It’s scary that they can do this kind of thing and get away with it. It was an amazing clinic. Just the surgeon and team that I guess is corrupt.

Laaux

I know surgery works well for a large proportion of people but please please be aware that that is not always the case. I travelled to Prague for a gastric plication (wrap) a few years ago with a relative. We both had the same procedure. Despite our best attempts it did seem that the surgery hadn’t worked. Then.... my relative had to have investigations at a local uk hospital due to stomach pains. That investigation proved NO bariatric surgery had ever been performed. Today I have been discharged from my local NHS hospital after emergency surgery. They were aware of the gastric plication surgery I had but were sad to tell me that no “wrap” had ever taken place. No evidence of it at all. So that is 2 out of 2.
We had all the pre op checks and general anaesthesia but just had 4 holes put in our tummy so it looked like we had been operated on. That’s are NO post op checks at these hospitals to prove you had what you paid for. After our initial complaint to the clinic and the booking agency there is no back up either.
Please be careful folks. We lost a lot of money and dreams and were put in dangerous and vulnerable positions.
Good luck with your choices x

That is absolutely terrible :( I’m so sorry to hear that.

Maria61

We complained to the company and the surgeon when my relative was told no surgery had been performed and was basically told they would sue us for slander even though we had proof. It’s tough cos it’s a foreign country. Now we have 2x proof I’m not sure. It’s scary that they can do this kind of thing and get away with it. It was an amazing clinic. Just the surgeon and team that I guess is corrupt.
That is terrible and unbelievable. Can you complain to you member for the European Parliament xx

SAM55

Sorry to hear such awful news.

Is it worth contacting one of the 'no win, no fee' medical negligence solicitors? I am currently using one about my knee op. It is done on an insurance basis so it doesn't cost you anything whether you win or lose.