• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anybody flown with Ryanair?

ChynaDoll

Hey everyone, me again lol!!

So I'm going to do a lil travelling this year as I felt a change of scenery will aid in getting me out of this funk i'm in..
Just booked a flight for Germany to go to a concert and then I've had this feeling of dread.. What if I don't fit in the seats? I feel like a bit of a mug but I've read some awful stories online and I really hate being embarrassed.. I'm going to get my own seatbelt extension just incase even tho I hold more weight in my boobs and hips than my stomach I'm scared I'll be too wide lol
My friend said we'll be fine we can just lift up the armrest but I'm still abit terrified.
I have 10 weeks to shift a few inches just incase but I'd welcome any stories right now.. Somebody.. Anybody?

Xx

<3

mummy2309

ryanair has a seat pitch of 17.5" hope this helps i have never flown with them but been told they are the smallest

Maz0106

Hey Hun, they are small but I was 21 stone and I fitted in the set, I found if I sat on the end of the row (isle side) an my friend/partner next to me with the arm rest up in between us it was fine. If your bringing your own extender than that's fine just incase but I refused to ask for one and got it done up.
You will be fine hunny.

Have a fantastic time. Xxx

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
They are small, smaller than easy jet, when I was big I used to ask the hostess for an extender when I got on. I would never travel alone because I knew I wouldn't fit without the arm being up, you can do that with a friend but not a stranger!!

The hostesses were always kind and happy to help. They must get this often, have fun on your trip
x

top_kat

I flew with Ryan Air last year when my son and I flew home from Venice.

At the time I was 24 stone and a plus size 34/36.

We booked reserved seats on the flight in the bulkhead and this is where the tables fold down into the arms, and it was a tight fit, however there was more room width wise in the normal seats so if you don't reserve then there will be more room.

It isn't the seat pitch that is really the factor here but the width of the seat, and I was able to fit in although snuggly at that size but that was more because of the table in the arm rest, the others would have been ok.

I do have my own extender belt and it also worked fine on the Ryan Air flights.

ChynaDoll

Thank you lizzyanne I'll be with a friend so that should be ok!!

Top_kat thank you so much! I had planned to book seats but I'll just try n get on early and sit in the normal ones hopefully by a window.. I love window seats lol!!

ChynaDoll

Maz0106 thanks!! I was dead panicky for a moment but I'm ok now. Just thoughts of getting kicked off or asked to pay for an extra seat really bothers me lol! I will have fun :D I can't wait
Xx

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
You'll be fine bab :) still dead jealous, but excited for you :)

Angela1310

Where do you get these seat extension belts? :)

Off to Crete in April think I will still need one! Would be nice not to have to ask for one as I always find it a bit attention seeking ;)

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
I have never had a problem asking, they have to have them for children so I don't see why we should have to buy the beeping things!!! I think its about confidence, they can't take off if you are not strapped in, so they have to give you one, as I ask when I get on there has never been an issue and they have always been very discrete. Perhaps I was lucky, now I don't need one WHOOPPEEEEEE

Butterfly38

I've flown with Ryan air at my biggest and was quite surprised. I did ask for an extender belt which doesn't bother me but they were very nice and I didn't find it any smaller than usual so don't worry. X x x

top_kat

Where do you get these seat extension belts? :)

Off to Crete in April think I will still need one! Would be nice not to have to ask for one as I always find it a bit attention seeking ;)

i bought mine off eBay, and it just made it easier not having to ask for one, or getting the looks from people when you do. Best £10 or so I've spent - hoping I won't need mine this year tho :)

chrisa

I flew with Ryan air few years back but I would have been 20 odd stone size 28-30. I managed ok, struggled wiv belt but I sta at the window seat and 2 mates sat beside me, so the stewardess couldnt see my belt wasnt fastened just saw that it was round me. But just ask as you get on when we went to turkey I aked by the time she came to me with one discreetly I may add I had the greatest of pleasure saying oh I managed didnt need it. It is a worry I ahev had on a few occasions and ine I told the hospital about when I first went. I could not start my holiday until I was in that seat and had my belt fastened securely. Then when I knew I could go and was comfy i could relax n enjoy. xx Go n let your hair down girl xx bigger people fly and dont give a toss. xx

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
Well said Chrisa! Wonder if I could stow away :-/ looking forward to going away myself. Bring it on!

louisaL

looking to make a change!
Hi I was 31stones and fitted in the seat. Needed to ask for the extension when I got on the plane tho and my stomach almost touched the chair in front but I was in and only flew in quiet seasons

ChynaDoll

LouisaL really?! That's reassuring thank you so much! Our flight is only for an hour and 45 minutes but I know the flight is full I just booked my sisters ticket and that was the last one. I'm happy I'll have her and my friend next to me I think I'll feel alot better :)
Xx

louisaL

looking to make a change!
Hi

Yeah I use to fly quite a lot at my biggest as my parents lived in Spain for 12yrs the flight was the same as yours. Typically their moving back next month after I loose weight lol

I also preferred to sit by the window so I was tucked out of the way and the trolley could go passed.

ChynaDoll

Haha! I know how u feel I used to go to visit my Granparents every year in Jamaica and my Grandma has moved back here now *sigh*
Definitely getting there early to try and get a window seat lol,
Thanks again for your feedback xx