• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anybody in the Essex area?

sunbeam77

HI there, I am new to the site.

I have recently been referred by my GP and am wondering what the process is now. I see that things tend to be different in every area. does every person have to do tier 3 or has anybody ever skipped this part?

any experiences would be great and would love to hear from anyone in the Colchester/Essex area xxx

Hi and welcome. I'm in Essex but was Pvt. Good luck. I know someone here will give you the information you need.

how long did you do tier three for if you don't mind me asking?

I was looking into going private because of the wait, this is reassuring. x

Yes that's me but I'm in Yorkshire rather than Essex so I'm not sure if the basic way it works is the same.
Tier 3 for me took nearly 18 months because the provider was swapped part way through which paused it for several months. I had 1-2-1 sessions with a CBT dietician and group sessions about healthy eating but also about the changes you need to make after surgery, how you'll cope eating out etc. I think having the time to find out about surgery, choose which type you think is best and really get your head around the commitment you're making was a real benefit for me.
I've not struggled with the LRD before or really missed food since because I had plenty of time to get used to the idea and I'm the one who made the choice to have surgery and knew what I'd need to do. That's how it is for me through. Others really struggle with the wait x

Back