• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else bloated on the pre op diet

bex986

Since starting this diet I am so bloated and my stomach hurts with trapped wind :-/
Is this a normal thing to put up with?
Also have had a huge headache since starting it and as expecting am exhausted!
Have only been on it since wednesday! This is going to be a long 2 weeks!

it is very common that headaches kick in around day 3/4 but tend to ease off after this point often along with the hunger. Have you tried taking anything for the trapped wind?

No I havent taken anything for it, am going to get something tomorrow.
Can't wait for my surgery to be here, am finding this diet reallt hard

it's not easy, but so worth it. Are you on milk/yoghurt?

I'm on 3 meal replacement shakes a day, thats the one me dietician recommended I follow.
Even the thought of the shakes is making me heave!
I am craving a baked potato and a mango for some reason lol

Is it like is detoxing all your bad foods - sugars headache and bloating??

THG have said I shouldn't need to do a pre op diet hence why I can have the surgery in 6 days time ......

Hummmm xx

Adrienne, I'm not too sure. I saw my consultant today and because I road run still only able to do 6-7 miles max at the mo as my weight is really hurting my knees and ankles Mr El-Hasani has sent me a diet plan instead of the pre op liver diet now for the next 5 days and try to be active. We will see how this goes. He didn't say why I didn't need to do it, but it might be as my BMI is only 33 (only... It's my bl00dy biggest weight ever!) xx

My
Bmi is 33 too! So you have to follow a diet though!?
Or not at all?
How heavy are you? I'm 5.6 and 15 stone

He said stay active yes. But after no no. I can start road running again at 4 weeks post op should everything be healing well ....

Whst is your height and weight? If you'd rather not say that's cool, just wondering if you are like me ? I do boot camp but I've been lazy last few weeks

Sorry adrienne I missed that first comment, right I'm a total yo yo dieter all my life and it's progressively getting worse,

I'm five foot nine/ten and 15st10

Never ever been above 15 in my life accept when I had my child and this is just out of control

I love my portions, I eat plates full, and not cr@p all the time either . I love fruit and veggies and good food not processed rubbish but I also emotionally eat when I'm overweight only and that's through hating myself so ill binge on fast food and sugar stuff in massive quantities but I run and do well when I'm weighing less. This weight is restricting me massively I'm just hiding away not bothering with my hair makeup I live in stretchy legging and large jumpers.

I buy size 22/24 tops ( I'm possibly only an 18) but I can't bare tight clothes, I'm inbetween an 16-18 in bottoms ( so a 17 if they made middle sizes)

Hope this helps xxx

The pre op diet or the designed one for lower weights?

Have you had surgery then babe? Or looking ? Booked etc?

You sound similar to me, have to exercise to keep weight down but it's gotten to an unmanageable stage, I mean for me I'm so depressed at the moment, I feel so hopeless, like this is my life and when I'm "on it" I'm "on it " and then ill got put all the weight back on and bam off she goes again into 2015 and beyond doing the same till I eventually end up in a box! ...lol

Its time for me now, enough's enough, I need to get busy living not dying' xx

You could be me !!!!
I am really active I love fresh veg fish and fruit i also love a good time, meals out, vodka !
I love cheese and I hate my body !!! I was almost 16 stone I'm just over 15 now
Surgery is this Saturday!!!
My diet this week is basically low far low carb chicken n veg or fish n veg fruit low fat yogurt no alcohol no fizzy drinks

After surgery I am on liquids for 4 weeks ! Yikes!! It has to be worth it
I'm both nervous and excited

Wow so we are both having bands this Saturday?

Yes I can see all your replies sweet.

Where you going for it and under what surgeon!

Yes we have the same story! Crazy huh. When I hate myself the foods there and it has to stop. I figured if my portions were not massive then I wouldn't rely on it and if I can reach the satiety level then I'm never going to be able to over eat excessive cals again .... ?!?

I'm prepared to work because I have in the past :-d

Back