• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else experienced this please?

5 out of the 6 scars are really really itchy and the skin surrounding.They have sort of raised like when you get stinging nettle rash and red, And immediately around the scars is blotchy.I have tried aloe vera gel but it's not doing a lot which is unusual, Has anyone else had this please? :sigh:

Mine were like that for the first week post op. But they're fine now, apart from the largest port wound, which is sore. I thought it may be a reaction to the glue ?

I didn't have glue, I was steri stripped. It's day 14 so god knows what's going on

You might have an infection. Best to get them checked.

incognito_46 said:
5 out of the 6 scars are really really itchy and the skin surrounding.They have sort of raised like when you get stinging nettle rash and red, And immediately around the scars is blotchy.I have tried aloe vera gel but it's not doing a lot which is unusual, Has anyone else had this please? :sigh:

They may just be healing still but best to get them checked out to be on the safe side.

I was gonna say did u have plasters on? I get that I'm allergic to them x

If u concerned its still best to get checked x

My Nurse head says - Sounds like you need to take an antihistamine and I would use a little bit of hydrocortisone cream - both available over the counter and should help you stop itching them...as you itch you release histamine which gives this red hard blotchy look - it's a cycle so if you can stop the itching they should be fine. Good luck xxx

Went back to the doctors today and she had a look at the scars. She thought it looked like cellutitus whatever that is but decided they are definately infected and put me in antibiotics

Back