• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8th April '09 (Band) Dolan Park-anyone else????

Skip

Hey

Thanks for the message!

I am great now, but I was quite poorly when I had it done.

I didnt react well to the anaesthetic and I had a hell of a lot of wind, which made me very sick.

Everyday was better than the day before.

I have lost weight since the op, before I started my pre-op diet I was 14st 10lbs and then on the day of surgery I was 14st 3lbs so I had lost 7lbs, I am now 13st 10lbs so all in all I have lost 1 stone. I am slightly confused as yesterday I was 13st 9lbs but I put on a pound somehow!

Oh, I have also been on the big P for the last few days so hopefully when they finish I will be less weight!

Im ok with the fluids but I am sooooo looking forward to some food!

Well thats is for now, I will let you know how I get on.

Great to hear about the baby!

How are you getting on?

Skip x

Hey Skip, good to see you back, how did things go?

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I'm doing great thanks. The pound difference is probably down to the big P!

Skip

Hi

I am fine thank you, how are you?

Dont worry about the op, I didnt react well and 1 week later and I am fine so I am sure you will be.

Be prepared for a lot of wind!

Everything is going great, lost weight which is always a good thing :)

I cant wait to have some food but I am not as hungry as I thought I would be.

Sooo... not long for you now, are you on liquids yet?

Sorry not got long at the moment!

Speak soon.

Skip x

Hi Skip

How are you? Make sure you keep us informed of your w/loss journey now!!

I have my band fitted on the 25th and am absolutely terrified now!!!
Take care

baby jayne

Hi Skip

Well done on weight loss, you sound like you have everything under control. I have heard the wind pain is bad and will get some gripe water I think before I even leave the house for my Op!!

I am on a low fat diet that I am starting tomorrow, my Surgeon doesn't beleive in the fluid only diet, says it makes people binge eat prior to the liquid deadline start date. Can't have a few things though like potatoes and can only have root veg. Haven't read a lot about the diet but as I start tomorrow I think I will get it out in a min for a good read.
Well you take care and keep us updated. One question..any regrets?

Skip

Hi

Thanks for your message :)

For the wind I used:
= Gripe Water
= Remegel Chewable
= Ibuprofen Heat Pads

Pre-Op Diet:
I didnt do liquids only either as my BMI was not that high, so I did less than 1200Kcals per day and every meal had less than 400g of fat. The best bits of advice I can give you about this stage is:
1) Have a loads of ready meals in and just add loads of veg to them, so a few times I had fish pie and added veg.
2) Have salad in you can bulk out another meal, I had wraps as a treat, (Low Fat ready cooked chicken (tikka), L.F Wraps, Salad and loads of chillies)
3) Ready made jellies (Hartley, low sugar/fat etc)

Regrets?
Well... if I am really honest with myself...
Did I regret it?
Saturday (day of op) - Slightly yes
Sunday (day after op) - Yes at times!
Monday -No - happy about weight loss :)
Tuesday and everyday since .... No! very happy and looking forward to the rest of my life!

Let me know if you have any other questions....

Oh yes, I am now back to 13st 9lbs! thank god! I am hoping to get 13st 7lbs very soon!

Skip xx

Hi Skip

Well done on weight loss, you sound like you have everything under control. I have heard the wind pain is bad and will get some gripe water I think before I even leave the house for my Op!!

I am on a low fat diet that I am starting tomorrow, my Surgeon doesn't beleive in the fluid only diet, says it makes people binge eat prior to the liquid deadline start date. Can't have a few things though like potatoes and can only have root veg. Haven't read a lot about the diet but as I start tomorrow I think I will get it out in a min for a good read.
Well you take care and keep us updated. One question..any regrets?

AA1234

Can I ask where Dolan Park is?

I am at Parkway Solihull and having (a) Mr Super.

Just wondered if it could be the same surgeon.

Skip

Hi

Dolan Park is in Bromsgrove - I am sure it is the same Mr Super.

Good Luck!

Skip x

Can I ask where Dolan Park is?

I am at Parkway Solihull and having (a) Mr Super.

Just wondered if it could be the same surgeon.

easter chick

Mr super is a top sur so i have read just google his name and it comes up very good in his field.I am having him do my op on wed 15 april.i am glad yours went well skip onwards and downwards if you know what i mean.i am at dolan park to.