• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just booked gastric band op!!

Skip

Hi everyone,

I have never updated any forum sites before so this is all very new to me.

A little bit about me....

I am 30 years old and I have just booked a gastric band op for 8th April through WGA.

I wondered if there is anyone else out there that is at the same stage as me?

I would welcome any advice, support or guidance etc...

Looking forward to hearing from anyone....

Kind regards
Skip

Hi Skip,

This is better posted on the weight loss surgery section, where there is LOTS of advice.

I can get one of the admin staff to move it for you?

Oh and :welcome: to Minimins.

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

Hi Skip

Well done on booking your band! Where have you booked your surgery for and if you don't mind me asking how much is it with WGA?
There will be lots of help and advice on here for you, so fire ahead with any questions you may have. I have found this is really good and very supportive.

Goodluck and as you get nearer to surgery (start your liquid diet) start a diary thread it's great for the persons awaiting surgery, plus it is good for you to look back on.

Remember to measure yourself neck, chest, waist, arms and thighs as sometimes it seems you may not lose pounds but can lose inches periodically.

Cheers :):):):):):):)

aaaaWelcomebrrrr-vi.gif

Great stuff Skip, are you a girl or a boy, and I was wondering the same thing as BabyJ.....we need facts and figures, cos we are both going down the same road hunny.

Hi and welcome. Pleased you have joined us. For extra support please look at the Surgical Loss section

Good luck
Irene xx

Hi Cahching
Thank you for your prompt response.... :)
I was really surprised that anyone had even replied to me.
In answer to your question, yes please can you please move it to the correct section (ooppss...).
So, can you tell me, how do I get onto the correct section etc
Thank you very much.
Cheers
Skip

Welcome-26.png

Welcome to mini's :) There are lots of members pre and post band op, and lots who have used WGA. Are you going to Dolan Park?

Jump in, bookmark us so you can find us again, and get to know everyone.

Shel

hi skip im a bander, welcome to minis, and congratulations on your booking for surgery.

best wishes

liz x

Welcome to Minis skip. I had my band done last July and have now lost 5 stone so as you can guess I am pretty chuffed!! you will find loads of support here - from people at all stages of their journey. Any questions - just shout xx

HI and welcome these guys are great, I only joined a couple fo months ago and have found everyone excellent and very helpful.
I am hoping to have a band fitted sometime this year on the nhs.
good luck

Hi Baby Jayne

Thank you for your email.

It has cost me £4950 and I have booked it at Dolan Park @ Bromsgrove - It is at the Hospital Group premises.

I like the idea of starting a diary about my whole experience, but I am unsure how I do this, on this site?

Oh and I will measure myself all over so I can see the progress.

Thank you for replying to me.

Skip xx

Hi,

I can confirm I am a girl!! :)

Cost: £4950 at Dolan Park in Bromsgrove

Please let me know if you need any other information.

So, when are you looking at booking your procedure?

Speak soon.

Skip xx

Hi Becky

Thank you for your message :)

I will take a look on the WLS section - thank you.

Hope you are doing well.

Skip xx

Hi Irene

Thank you for your message, I will take a good luck round the site and I am sure I will find some useful information!

Hope you are doing well.

Skip xx

Hi Shel

I am hoping to get some really useful advice, I am lucky I have 3 months to do all my research, I would like to be 100% prepared when the times comes.

Yes, I am going to Dolan Park?

Can you tell me how I can "bookmark" you? do you mean to add the site to favourites or do you mean contacts within the site?

Looking forward to hearing from you shortly.

Cheers
Skip

P.S can I find people by location? I wondered if there was anyone local to me?

Hi Liz

Hopefully this site will be a good source of information for me.

Speak soon.

Skip xx

Hi DjBP98

Hopefully this site will be a good source of information for me.

I notice you havent booked the band - is this something you are looking at booking?

Speak soon.

Skip xx

Back