• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else waiting for funding?

gingernutter

Thanks donzi84 I agree, I find it hard to believe we are all living in the UK. The rules are so different from one area to another. I am hoping to have sleep apnoea in order to secure my funding, how bad is that!!!!!! You would expect a BMI of 50.3 would be enough. It is so unfair.

SimoBlue

:girlpower:Ginernutter, I hope your test goes to your advantage. It is awful you having to go through all this just to improve your life. We are in this mess as well like our food. An eating addiction is the same as alcohol or drug addiction? isn't it? Wouldn't they treat them?

Surely the benifits of this operation will clearly improve your life. And if you say you have other aliments, like me (astma, hayfever, very painful knees), it will surely reduce the need for medication and therefore save the NHS money in the long run. Don't they see that!!!

We are all trying to improve our life for the better, and we all need a little help, that help is the NHS. It's not like we all just woke up one morning and suddenly decided that today we won't diet I'll have an operation instead!!!! This is our last resort, why cann't the NHS see that.

When I went to see my doctor he told me I was no where near the guildlines of the PCT for this type of operation in my area. So I went home and found out that I had to have a BMI over 40 or over 35 with aliments. I was 43!!!! So I returned to see another doctor I poured my heart out and several boxes of tissues later she agreed to send a letter to the PCT. I heard nothing for 3 weeks, then a letter direct from the consultant with an appointment for end of July. I still wasn't sure if I had been granted funding until I saw the consultant. i still cann't belive my operation is on 19th January 2009. I certainly will have a good Xmas and start fresh for the new year.

I wish you good luck for Thursday and the rest of your plight with the NHS. You must stick with it, they want you to give up, SO DON'T!!!
They think that if they send you for test after test after test you will give up. You have to prove them wrong, you are entitled to this operation.

Keep us all imformed of your results on Thurday.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! Sarah (simoblue) XXXXXXXXXX :talk017:

gingernutter

thanks simoblues. I am moved at your reply. I know you can feel my pain. I will fight on. Thank you so much.

Hug

Muppet

Did you all have to attend weight-management and exercise classes before you got to see the consultant?

I dont know why they bother, dont they think we have all tried all of those avenues before we opted for surgery..after all who, really deep down wants to go under the knife? None of us would, out of choice would we!!!

Its so frustrating and another post code lottery...really makes me angry.

gingernutter

Oh yes!!!! I have had to show that I have tried ALL the weight lost methods, slimming clubs, diet and exercise, weight management, weight loss medication. Even with a BMI of 50 and a number of health problems I still can not get the funding! disgraceful! I am pleased for anyone who receives this WLS on the NHS, good for them! I am sure the PCT would not fund surgery unless it was nessary. Having said that I am aware that there are people receiving funding who are no were near as big as me yet their PCT are happy to fund them. Maybe The government should be spending the money were it is best needed. This will save loads of money in the future.

Thanks for your support

Last edited:

charliegirl

Hi Sarah, hang on in there chick...good luck for your sleep test I will be wishing for you might even be able to cross my legs for luck as they are slimming down now lol....I am here if you need me chick..xx

tesmaralda

Just had a call to say that PCT have received all necessary info for them to look at my funding for op. Sue from Walsall will phone me as soon as she knows anything.

tesmaralda

no not yet pct meeting was yesterday, so should know anytime between now and the year dot lol. when i went to the gps last week he said that if i habn't heard by the end of the 1st wee in jan to phone the surgery and he will chase the pct, i am having real trouble with being patient its not in my nature i fell like i shoukd be onb the phone asking woth the outcome is but as the saying goes good things come to those that wait ! got my gall bladder scan on new years eve thanks for askingand remembering.

hopelesscase

tes i would give the pct a ring it cant do any harm.
you have been so good waiting but it must cause anxiety.
fingers crossed
carole