• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from East Sussex & had wls?

I went to my GP today & he is refering me for wls funding to the pct of east sussex.

I was just wondering where the surgery would most likely take place, i have heard other people from east sussex have had their surgery in Chichester...are there any other places that wls is carried out?

Thankies :)

Hi grumbletum,
Yea I'm in East Sussex. I had my op at Chichester although I had a long wait from initial referral to actual op - 20 months - but I believe the waiting time for there has reduced considerably since they caught up with the backlog. I believe there's a hospital in London that does the op too (or so my GP told me when he said he'd referred someone else for the op when Chichester's book were closed) but I can't remember its name.
To be honest, in my opinion, Chichester is your best option - the staff and hopspital are superb and you really couldn't be in better hands. PM me if you want to chat about it ok? All the best. Julie

Im not from your area, but I understand that Chichester would be the first place your GP would try to refer you to. Chichester is one of the leading centres for bariatrics in the UK so you are in good hands there. x

HI I'm from East Sussex & I wasn't given Chichester as an option as the waiting list was closed, I'm off to Charing Cross. Gutted as I was hoping for Chichester tho!!

Was given options of about 8-10 hospitals that I could be reffered too.

I am from East Sussex (Brighton) had my op in Dec 2009 at UCH in London as the waiting list at Chichester was closed at the time of my referral, I had the most fantastic service under the care of Mr Adamo and would not hesitate to recommend the bariatric team or the hospital itself to anyone :)

Back