• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my Appointment to get a loan..

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
Well have spoken to hubby and read up on just about everything I can think of and have decided to go ahead with a Gastric Band with The Weight Loss Group in London. I have got an appointment on Saturday to see the Bank about a loan and have already been given the provisional go-ahead by them, just phone TWLG and they have appointments for Sunday week and then at the end of the month...need to check with hubby when he is free and phone them back....

Got butterflies in my tummy now (they can flap now but just you wait till I’m banded lol...no room for butterflies)...I know 100% its what I want to do and I guess I’m not the only one to feel this .... its a big step to take and I feel nervous about it but at the same time relieved that I have finally faced up to my issues and I’m going to deal with my weight once and for all.

Just needed to talk as I work on my own all day and can't tell anyone back in the office I am having WLS (they are not at all understanding)....thinking of saying I am having keyhole to drain some Ovarian Cysts...covers the surgery/sick leave time off (I drive a 7.5ton Mobile library so need to be fit and able to climb into the cab and drive the monster as well as be on my feet all day when not driving) and no one will want more details I would think.

Thanks for listening everyone...back to my lonley mobile library

:eek:

Well done on making a decision that will change your life, and it will you will be fitter healthier well you know all this :) as for work no they do not need to know aothough you will not be able to drive for a short while.

its natural to feel a little nervous as well as relieved to have made the decision.

Hopefully the finance will be sorted. Going private of course means it will be done fairly quickly after you see the consultant, no long waits :)

I know...my PCT would laugh in my face at the idea of funding, I spoke to my very nice GP whoi said I had no chance she didnt know of a case that they had agreed! anyway I will just have to up my ebaying to pay the loan off and cut back on take-aways...another good thing about WLS the money I will save on take-aways lol

Good luck at the bank and with every new step towards your goal...

This is a great place to come when you need to talk..;):D

Thats good news chick...I told my work that I had had an operation but did not tell them what it was for...they just asked if it was a one off or would I be needing any follow up treatment...your sicknote does not have to say what it is for they can just put something obscure on it....I like the sound of your job I would be parked up somewhere with a flask of tea reading all day lol..xx

Good luck with the bank. I have been one of the lucky ones to get funding on nhs. I too have butterflies every time I think about surgery but since reading threads on here I am no longer scared of the op so the butterflies are because I can't wait to get going with it all. I'm having my band on 20th april. Take care, Gaynor

Isn't it ridiculous that in some areas nhs funding for wls is almost laughed at - yet if they laughed at someone asking for cancer surgery for example - that would be frowned upon. At the end of the day, whatever surgery you're after funding for, it helps to extend your lifetime and that is what's important.

Hi Have you check with the finance with the company you are having the op with. Some do interest free credit so this would save you some pennies. Good luck with everything

Good luck with the bank, . I hope you get it sorted as you can get it done very quickly- money talks lol.

Thanks Guys....Tomorrow at 10.45 so by 11 should know if Im good to go....going to make an appointment this afternoon to see TWLSG in Harley Street.

All your kind words make it easier to cope with the nerves xx

i would be prepared to be a little economical with the truth when you go to the bank... when I worked in a bank we did not lend for surgery under any circumstances. I would say it was for home improvements.

Thanks for that...any idea why? wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem?

I dont know why hun. Sorry. When you make a credit application, the information you give is scored, down to things like how long in home, how long in job, income etc... even things like marital status and having a home phone carries a score. When giving the reason for the loan, the answer that carried the most points was home improvements, followed by car.

I'm from preston and WLS have a clinic here and the surgery is 1,000 less than it is in London, just wondered if you knew this x xx

Good luck with the bank tomorrow, and good luck with your consultation next week with the wls group. I will be with wendy next week having my band fill and i must say they are absolutely brilliant and really put you at ease, so you will have no worries. julie

i told the bank it was for conso0dildating a loan plus WLS and was granted it straight away

I did look at Preston but as I only live 20 minutes from the Highgate Hospital where WLG do London surgery..thats a big incentive. I would want hubby to come with me if I went to Preston as wouldn't want to do train back so would need hotel for 3 nights and food n stuff for him plus travel up and back so that would cost a few bob out of the £1000 and I guess I would rather be nice and close to home for when I come out and if I have any problems etc.

Thanks for the heads up tho xx

Back