• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone having there op at sunderland

Hi Chloe! I too am under ( well not literally!) Mr Small at Sunderland. I've had a long journey but had my endoscopy on 21st July so now on the waiting list which could be up to 6 months. all seems a bit surreal, but exciting!

Lynne
xxx

Hi Chloe,

Welcome to the forum, everyone makes you feel very welcome, I'm hoping to have surgery at SRH but it'll be a while off yet, as I haven't even got a consultant at present... I do know they have a support group which is meeting at the end of September (29th I think but I would have to check that again). You will learn an awful lot from here, both good and bad. You have opportunities to ask any questions you feel you need answers too and get lots of tips about what to expect along your journey.

I wish you well on your WLS journey. x

Hi Chloe, I'm under Mr. Small at Sunderland, though have only met Mr. Mahawar. I am now waiting for my endoscopy and then will be on the list for surgery.
What stage are you at?
Have you got a lot to lose?
Sorry if I'm being too nosey.... ;)

hiya im only at rthe stage of seeing the nurse
havent got a clue how much ineed to loose hopeing it wont be to much
as im diabetic and finding it very hard i have by my sellf over the last 12 months lost neally 4 stones weighing in about 18 stones but it keeps going back up to about 18half hope to hear from u again

I think the usual weightloss target is around 5 - 8kg. They set it when you see the dietician and nurse, and you have until you see the consultant to lose it, so it's not too bad. The only thing is Sunderland are really strict on you meeting your targets. I just scraped there with mine, but because I'd had such a long wait, they allowed me the half pound I missed! Hopefully you won't have to wait as long for your appointments, because things seem to be moving faster lately.
Good Luck!

thanks ive got slimming tablets from me doc so hopeing they will help me along the way i will find out on the 22 sep what i have to do a friend just adviced me that if u are diabetic they dont make yr goul high as they know its harder to loose weigt

Hi Chloe,

Even though you havent seen the nurse as yet, you would be moe than welcome at our support group which is held once a month in SRH Education Centre. Next meeting is on 29th Sept 6-8pm. There are lots of post op and many pre-op patients there each month and the pre-oppers learn the good and the bad, which I think is a great support to pre-oppers. When I first went I was a week away from having my op and I was scared of the unknown but, after seeing many pre and post oppers there and the fabulous support that the whole group gave I was a whole lots less worried. My circle of friends became a whole lot larger and my confidence boosted, the welcome was phenominal. The same support is availabe here on WLS site. Liz who runs the Sunderland WLS group will be along to tell you the same and I apologise for stealing her thunder :D xx

I look forward every month to being among friends who have jogged this journey and among those who are just starting. We make a fabulous group. xx

thank u very much joan if i can get there i will
and by then i would off seen the nurse to witch will be good

Hi Chloe,

Even though you havent seen the nurse as yet, you would be moe than welcome at our support group which is held once a month in SRH Education Centre. Next meeting is on 29th Sept 6-8pm. There are lots of post op and many pre-op patients there each month and the pre-oppers learn the good and the bad, which I think is a great support to pre-oppers. When I first went I was a week away from having my op and I was scared of the unknown but, after seeing many pre and post oppers there and the fabulous support that the whole group gave I was a whole lots less worried. My circle of friends became a whole lot larger and my confidence boosted, the welcome was phenominal. The same support is availabe here on WLS site. Liz who runs the Sunderland WLS group will be along to tell you the same and I apologise for stealing her thunder :D xx

I look forward every month to being among friends who have jogged this journey and among those who are just starting. We make a fabulous group. xx

hi chloe i just picked up on this post, im liz i run the support group for srh pre and post op patients we run the last thursday evening of each month this month is sept 29th 6-8pm, if you cant make that october is the 27th, in the education centre, please come along and have a cuppa and a natter with us, we are a friendly group and lots have found it benefiical to them, also please feel free to add me to fb via the icon to the left of my posts, any questions just ask, also if you would like a contact number for me just ask, my name and contact number is also on the information sheets given out at seminar have you attended seminar yet ?

Liz x

of course we will be nice we dont bite lol x i shall look forward to meeting you x

Well it has taken me a while to get back online, was anbody at the seminar last month? (At srh) I was the weird looking woman with (i think) purple hair, though it may have been blue (it changes that much, is now white pink and purple dreads!!!)

just wondered if anyone off this site was there.
Thought it was a fab seminar, and even as an ex nurse I felt I learnt A LOT! Was impressed with Mr Schroeder'sattitude, having met a lot of professional people in my life who have an attidue of "youre fat eat less, it's your own fault your fat".

I was OVER THE MOON, to see such good results in the reversal of sleep apnea, I bloody hate my cpap (excuse my french please lol)

Just thought it may be nice to say hello, and see if anyone was there!

Hi wasn't there but mr schroeder was my surgeon he's an ok guy but just straight to the point. Not much of a bedside manner thou lol x

well I like straight to the point! I think it the seminar would have whittled out a few people not really wanting to go downt hat route, or not ready for it etc.

Dont know yet if he will be doing my surgery, got a long way to get yet!

i usually do the seminars, im doing them this month but couldn do augusts as ive been ill, im glad you found it interesting, Mr S is a brilliant surgeon, but there again there all great at srh, i hope to see you at the support group this month (29th) x

Hi I'm (hopefully) getting my gastric bypass this Sat,go in on Fri starting to get nervous x anyone else going in then or around then too

Back