• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone know a Chocolate flavouring I can add to my milk

chris2710

I've just started the 5% loss milk diet with L&D. Does anyone know a way to make a chocolate flavoured shake that is allowable. Have the strawberry NAS Crusha, haven't located the raspberry yet, but really fancy chocolate flavoured:sigh: . I'm also having lattes. :)
Any other milk recipies would be appreciated though:cool:

Ooh, I forgotten about those, are all allowed or just some?

Hi Chris - hope you get on OK :) I have (hopefully) 5 days left. According to my scales I have about 1 kg to go - and this 1kg is proving to be very stubborn!

To be honest I have been pretty boring with my milk as I love milky coffee so have had that both morning and evening. For the rest I have mixed it in a blender with coffee and sweeteners and ice cubes to make a cold version which I really like. When I got bored I had the strawberry Crusha but am not really keen on pink milkshakes!
I did try adding vanilla essence but it didn't really flavour very much and I also tried rum essence which was absolutely disgusting!
I would recommend Knorr Ham stock cubes though - very yummy!:eek:

Pen- err... who is that thin woman in your avatar space????

Hi Chris - hope you get on OK :) I have (hopefully) 5 days left. According to my scales I have about 1 kg to go - and this 1kg is proving to be very stubborn!

To be honest I have been pretty boring with my milk as I love milky coffee so have had that both morning and evening. For the rest I have mixed it in a blender with coffee and sweeteners and ice cubes to make a cold version which I really like. When I got bored I had the strawberry Crusha but am not really keen on pink milkshakes!
I did try adding vanilla essence but it didn't really flavour very much and I also tried rum essence which was absolutely disgusting!
I would recommend Knorr Ham stock cubes though - very yummy!:eek:
Hi Sharon, yes I must have had 4 lattes yesterday, used to be a treat got a feeling that by the end of this I won't be so keen. Did find the Crusha a bit on the sweet side, but it makes a change and somehow seems 'more' than plain milk, which thankfully I do like. Discovered I like Chicken flavour oxo cubes but will try the ham ones too, I looking for a much variety as I can find. Using the jellies at the moment. I did find my mouth/teeth felt funny yesterday, :brushing teeth:used the gum as well for that reason alone. Glad I'm not at work while starting this diet, don't go in until Wednesday by which time I hope to be used to this way of eating, (6th day). Also two flights of stairs up to the loo's, mind just think of the exercise I shall be having:8855:.
Hope you manage to shift that last kilo, I'm sure you've read the same as me that extra liquid intake could be the right way to go. Think the hospital must have shares in the toilet paper industry though :fingerscrossed::scale:

I like cocoa powder to make my milky drinks.
My favourite is milky coffee but for a bedtime drink I prefer cocoa to hot choc, hot choc is too sweet and claggy for me.
I mix a teaspoon of cocoa powder with a little slightly warm milk to form a loose paste, as you would do with cornflour and then add that to my hot milk and sweeteners. This stops it from going lumpy. You can't put it directly into hot milk like you would hot choc as it doesn't disolve the same.
Lynne x

I've just started the 5% loss milk diet with L&D. Does anyone know a way to make a chocolate flavoured shake that is allowable. Have the strawberry NAS Crusha, haven't located the raspberry yet, but really fancy chocolate flavoured:sigh: . I'm also having lattes. :)
Any other milk recipies would be appreciated though:cool:

I'm on the look out for Raspberry and going to Sainsburry's this afternoon. will keep you posted if I find it there. I wonder if you could use the Lite Options hot chocolate sachets? Perhaps someone knows ;)

I like cocoa powder to make my milky drinks.
My favourite is milky coffee but for a bedtime drink I prefer cocoa to hot choc, hot choc is too sweet and claggy for me.
I mix a teaspoon of cocoa powder with a little slightly warm milk to form a loose paste, as you would do with cornflour and then add that to my hot milk and sweeteners. This stops it from going lumpy. You can't put it directly into hot milk like you would hot choc as it doesn't disolve the same.
Lynne x
Hi Lynne
Thanks for that, I am at this moment sipping away, remembered I had some cocoa powder in the cupboard, (used for baking - sweet memories). Only used ½ tspn but think I'll use the full tspn as suggested in future and save it for a bedtime drink.
Starting to build up a meal plan here:
Breakfast - 1pt strawberry nas Cresta, mug of tea
Elevenses - ½pt latte
Lunch - 1 chicken oxo cube, ½pt milk
mid afternoon - ½pt latte
Dinner - 1 chicken oxo cube, sf jelly, ½pt latte
Evening - sf jelly, ½pt latte
Bedtime - ½pt cocoa flavoured milk
= 4pts milk +
Water, pepsi max, tea, inbetween all these.

Sorted!

Lynne x

Well Done, and keep going My pre op i had to give up Fizzy drinks. Still miss a cold diet coke.

Chris2710,

If you are looking for something different take a look round the stock cubes for a product called Swiss Vegetable Bouillon - it's in a little round tub and is made by the company Marigold.

It's a vegetable stock but is really flavoursome - one tspn in a mug of hot water is really good - almost like chicken even though it's veggie. Hardly any calories either.

Have been adding ice cubes to the strawberry crusha and putting it all in a blender to make it more like a smoothie from somewhere like Cafe Nero or the like!! All adds to the change doesn't it.

I start my pre-op in earnest next week and will be looking for the raspberry NAS crusha before then as another flavour!!

Tatiana

Thanks everyone for your responses. I know I'm only on day three and I shouldn't have weighed myself yet, and yes I know it's really water loss, but I have already lost.........................drumroll...............6½lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, which unbelieveably is ½ of what they want me to lose in the four weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Hi Chris, well done on the weight loss. I start my mild diet on Monday - have all my things in just have to do the supermarket shop tomorrow for more milk and yogs and whatever hubby wants for the week.

I had a look for NAS CRUSHA Raspberry, but couldn't see any in Sainsburry's - just strawberry again. :mad:
I tried a strawberry one this morning with a small banana (just to see how it tasted) and it was quite nice. I whisked it up with the hand blender and it was quite thick ans was nice and filling. I have thought about having a coffee for breakfast as I get up at 6 and am out of the house by 7.30. Then mid morning have my milk shake with banana. For lunch have a sugar free jelly with a low fat yog and another piece of fruit (allowed two per day) then for tea I will have my three portions of veg/salad either in a salad, stirfry or soup and any milk that is left over have for milky drinks up to bed time. :D Not forgetting all the free fluids I can have inbetween to fill me up. Just hope it works. I will be weighing in on Monday morning too. ;)

Keep it up and I may be calling on you for some advice and encouragement. :D

Hi Chris, well done on the weight loss. I start my mild diet on Monday - have all my things in just have to do the supermarket shop tomorrow for more milk and yogs and whatever hubby wants for the week.

I had a look for NAS CRUSHA Raspberry, but couldn't see any in Sainsburry's - just strawberry again. :mad:
I tried a strawberry one this morning with a small banana (just to see how it tasted) and it was quite nice. I whisked it up with the hand blender and it was quite thick ans was nice and filling. I have thought about having a coffee for breakfast as I get up at 6 and am out of the house by 7.30. Then mid morning have my milk shake with banana. For lunch have a sugar free jelly with a low fat yog and another piece of fruit (allowed two per day) then for tea I will have my three portions of veg/salad either in a salad, stirfry or soup and any milk that is left over have for milky drinks up to bed time. :D Not forgetting all the free fluids I can have inbetween to fill me up. Just hope it works. I will be weighing in on Monday morning too. ;)

Keep it up and I may be calling on you for some advice and encouragement. :D

You seem to have more options than I've been given, can only have, 3-4 pints semi skimmed, 1-2 stock cube drinks, 1 pkt (1 pt) sugar free jelly and upto 3 sticks sugar free gum. + at least 2pts sugar free/low calorie drinks. No real food, so really look foward to jellies and use chewing gum else have horrible feeling in mouth/teeth.
Strangely I feel quite happy on this eating regime, no hunger at all:D, I don't seem to be running to the loo quite so often either:eek:, although and I'm not sure why, sleep is very light:confused:
I'm also quite happy to prepare and serve up food for hubby, even sit with him whilst he's eating and feel no jealousy at all. :angel: The one thing I have to be careful of is when making sandwiches for his carryout is that I don't pop a piece of cheese or meat in my mouth, but this is only habit not desire.:eek:

Good for you Chris. Keep it up. I have bought a big bag of salad today and also some fresh bags of stir fry veg from Asda, 16 pints of skimmed milk :D and 10 muller light yogs. Hubby has said that he will try and cut down while I am doing the MD and tomorrow we are both having salad, but he is having a small chicken breast with his. Still haven't found any Raspberry Crusha though - not even at Asda.

Hang in there. :)

Just popped online for a min and checked out new posts. Now I simply MUST make myself a cocoa.
Yummy!
Lynne x

Back