• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone received funding in Hampshire with BMI less than 60?

vickilady

I am hoping to persuade my doctor to refer me as he says that no one less than 60 bmi without a co morbidity will get funding in my area.

Has anyone achieved this as it would really help my case?

my BMI was only 58 when i went to my doctor last year...but then he never measured my height just asked me how tall i was. Because of this he wouldn't even send off a request for funding as he told me i wouldn't get it.

once i paid for private consultation i had my height measured and lost 2 inches and gained a BMI of 61...which meant my GP was told by Shaw Somers at chichester to request funding for me.

I have been told Hampshire has one of the worst PCT's for bariatric funding...so best of luck, will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

No, I've not come across anyone with a BMI under 60 get funding from Hampshire. I asked my doctor about it and she said that there were so many overweight people in my area that the PCT wouldn't be able to fund those under 60 BMI.

Back