• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone recommend holiday insurane?

Hi there

The best thing you can do if travelling to Eurpope is apply for your Eurpoean Health Insurance card (EHIC). You can do this online and it is very quick and easy. We received our cards very quickly in the post.

EHIC | eEHIC | E111 | European Health Insurance Card

This card will cover you for treatment whether you have insurance or not.

The'yre trying to sort out the banks and corruption in government they really do need to start looking seriously at the legalised robbers aka insurers as well. It really is criminal what they can get away with.

Will only cover minor stuff though....

~hugs~

He is a section from the EHIC page;-
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) allows you to access state-provided healthcare in all European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland at a reduced cost or sometimes free of charge.
Everyone who is resident in the UK should have one and carry it with them when travelling abroad. Remember to check your EHIC is still valid before you travel. Applying for the card is free and it's valid for up to five years.
Presenting the EHIC entitles you to treatment that may become necessary during your trip, but doesn't allow you to go abroad specifically to receive medical care. However, maternity care, renal dialysis and managing the symptoms of pre-existing or chronic conditions that arise while abroad are all covered by the EHIC.
Your EHIC will allow you access to the same state-provided healthcare as a resident of the country you are visiting. However, many countries expect the patient to pay towards their treatment, and even with an EHIC, you might be expected to do the same. You may be able to seek reimbursement for this cost when you are back in the UK if you are not able to do so in the other country.
The EHIC is NOT an alternative to travel insurance. It will not cover any private medical healthcare or the cost of things such as mountain rescue in ski resorts, repatriation to the UK or lost or stolen property.
For these reasons and others, it is important to have both an EHIC and a valid private travel insurance policy. Some insurers now insist you hold an EHIC and many will waive the excess if you have one.
Applying for an EHIC is easy. Even if you don't have any plans to travel in the near future, it is always a good idea to get one.

Did you try Greenbee?

http://www.greenbee.com/travel-insurance

Look forward to knowing which you choose. I'm sure there are many Bypass/Banders wanting to know where they can get a fair price on Travel Insurance.

any news on getting insurance.
just discovered i have the added complication of having a susspected pe along with the dvt which was unconfirmed as the scanners are too small (although the treatment would have and was the same as i had a confirmed one in my leg) as they need a yes or no if i say yes they need to know how many clots. aaaaaaahhhh:mad:
many of those listed wont cover the bypass or banding.
dave

Are you still looking? Have you tried Trailfinders. I got yearly insurance for approx 80 quid only four months after chemo - that included my trips to the far east and the USA

Good luck

Hi - I am off to America in October - I'm not having surgery untill end July. I was worring about not getting insurance so I spent all afternoon yesterday phoning round. Boots insurance would cover me at no extra charge. £49 for the Top Level cover. Another company Staysure wanted an extra £30.

I was told that age has a lot too do with the cost and whether or not you have any other conditions. I would definately try these. I though Boots would be so expensive.

Also - these costs are for banding - not sure if by-pass would be different.

Were in America are you going to? We are off to Florida.

Hope you get sorted

Sam

Back