• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday insurance post op ???

HoPe*87*

Hi,
Just wondering if any of u lovely lot have had any troubles getting holiday insurance post op? Do they charge more? Also life insurance does it effect ur payments etc??

Thank you in advance lol xxx

mine doubled when i told them i had gastric bypass surgey, diabetes treated with insulin and metformin and that i have been on high blood pressure meds within the last 12 months ............... told them everything as it better to be safe than sorry ;)

I'm going to cuba in a couple of months, I'm dreading changing my holiday insurance, I think it's going to go through the roof :S x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

definitely affects life insurance too :( but they won't pay out if anything happens and you haven't disclosed something :) if in doubt ask x

Just got my insurance quote I only need to pay an extra £30 :), not as bad as I expected xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

definitely affects life insurance too :( but they won't pay out if anything happens and you haven't disclosed something :) if in doubt ask x

wow really - I didn't know this, does it affect all of them? i have an endowment due out this September - not really sure if its worth telling them for the short time left

In the past I have used insure and go , and looked out of curiousity and insurance seems to double

I went on holiday within 8 weeks of my op and was refused cover for any complications to do with the op, which was fine by me as I felt we were staying fairly close to the Northern Ireland border and could drive to the UK if there was an issue, I was told to ask again before my next holiday to see if they would cover me.

I never thought about insurances!! I will have check mine. x

I booked my insurance for my holiday in November yesterday. I went with insure and go and it cost £45. I have no other conditions now (yay). It's actually less than when I had to get insured whilst I had gallstones that were prone to flare up and it's good to be covered especially as I'll only be 5 months out.

I really really struggled to get travel insurance, but finally found through, confused.com, top dog insurance, cost me £153 for a whole year and covers my band, diabetes and high cholesterol.

Back