• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone starting liver shrinkage diet this coming week?

Felt the same for me. Suspect it was because this time you know that you can't have a good meal at the end of it cos its bypass time

Hi, just started 2nd week of pre op diet. My diet appears much stricter, just clear soups, bovrils and nas jelly. After reading everyone elses stories, decided to put myself on protien powder, multi vits and have 1 milk drink a day, at the rate i'm going wont need surgery - :D:D. the thought of being able to suck readybrek through a straw seems like heaven x

i started mine on the 1st of may x all i have a day is 2-3 pints of semi skimmed milk 3-4 portions of fruit 2 diet or low fat yoghurts sugar free jelly (optional) and a bowl of vegetable soup preferably homw made without potato or pulses x

This is the same one that I am on :)

Really struggling but have lost a stone so feeling good! Hungry but good lol

Well I'm nearly there now! Op on Wednesday, I have to start just clear fluids tomorrow at 3pm then nothing after 12 am does anyone know if I have to drink all my milk by 3 o'clock or just drink it as usual and leave what's left

Well I'm nearly there now! Op on Wednesday, I have to start just clear fluids tomorrow at 3pm then nothing after 12 am does anyone know if I have to drink all my milk by 3 o'clock or just drink it as usual and leave what's left

I'd drink as you normally do, then forget about what's not drunk. Will be painful to drink so much fluids in such a short time.

Hi all, I'm new to this, just for my appointment through with the nurse, just wondered has anyone got any tips to start loosing weight now??! I'm struggling :(
My appointment isn't until 3rd October, so I feel I have loads of time,
I've been reading your posts, would it be a good idea to start something similar now? Or is that just for the pre op?

Thanks
Steph xx

I started my pre op diet last thursday im on high protein low carbs my op is the 23rd may

Good luck everyone for this weeks op xxx

Stephy download my fitness pal or go to myfitnesspal.com it's amazingly helpful to see where you are going wrong/right!!!

I been doing Pre op for a week now & lost 7lbs... I'm doing under 1000kl low fat.. But it's hasn't really been low carb.. Will this be an issue????I have myfitnesspal so ts all logged too

I had my op sunday i did the under 1000 cals and thought to my self this isnt really low carb 2 weetabix, 4 ryvita and cheese spread and a ww ready meal, loads and loads a tea with half spoon sugar in and i was fine. good luck

sam37 said:
I had my op sunday i did the under 1000 cals and thought to my self this isnt really low carb 2 weetabix, 4 ryvita and cheese spread and a ww ready meal, loads and loads a tea with half spoon sugar in and i was fine. good luck

That's good to know.. Thanks Hun..xx

Had op yesterday here now at 1am in hosp and no major pain just discomfort! Since 22nd feb got down from 29stone 3lbs to 26stone 6lbs 8lbs

mines is a low cal diet
im doing the low cal it seems a lil easier than all the milk i think that would make me feel sick

I'm really worried about the milk diet as I really can't stand milk, even the smell of it turns my stomach.
I've tried a few alternatives but even they have that same 'milkiness' to them. And the pre op diet at my hospital is just milk and yogurt

Hi evenstar let your hospital know and u can do a different diet mine was 2 pieces fish or chicken 3 pieces fruit and 2 eggs and green salad not great but better then milk xx

Back