• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone starting liver shrinkage diet this coming week?

im back from boots and i lost a pound, suppose i cant grumble after last weeks 8 lol, bit disapointed tho cos i really have stuck with it never mind could be totm this weekend :) gonna av me 4 ryvita with philly in a min 4 me dinner.

I'm struggling quite hard with mine as I'm so bored with it. My mood has dropped considerably though and I'm very teary so this isn't helping.

In going to start my pre op on monday. Was going to do the milk diet to ease me into it i can do a low calorie also.. I love milk.... So what exactly do I need to do? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi I'm starting my pre op on Monday. I'm supposed to do a low cal under 1000. But I think I'd like to do the milk diet as I think it will be a better restriction for me plus I love milk... So what do I need to do? What does the milk diet entail? X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Mines not going to well! After 2 and a half weeks of being good, today I had McDonald's and a double decker! Whoops. Felt good but I feel guilty and stupid now! I went for my son and couldn't resist.. Boo. I bought some asda own slim fast yesterday (cafe latte flavour) its seriously the grossest thing I've ever had. Ever!!!! Threw it away. I think I'll stick to the low carb broth what sit one instead, from tomorrow!!!! This is why I'm having a band isn't it?? Sigh.

dinkydink said:
Mines not going to well! After 2 and a half weeks of being good, today I had McDonald's and a double decker! Whoops. Felt good but I feel guilty and stupid now! I went for my son and couldn't resist.. Boo. I bought some asda own slim fast yesterday (cafe latte flavour) its seriously the grossest thing I've ever had. Ever!!!! Threw it away. I think I'll stick to the low carb broth what sit one instead, from tomorrow!!!! This is why I'm having a band isn't it?? Sigh.

Oh dear don't beat yourself up about it.... I know it's gonna be tough for me too...making these changes for me so I'm gonna do my very best... You will get back on track!, Good luck xx

dinkydink said:

come on you really need to get your head into the right mode....you really want this...don't spoil it and risk the surgeon not operating!

You will need this level of willpower post op as you'll still want and be able to eat a double decker post op...think what you can do when the carb monster next comes for you and kick him out!

Jo is right,
You can't risk your op not going ahead for the sake of a bit of food you shouldn't have.
While on pre-op diets you should use the time to prepare yourself for what lies ahead..getting used to post op eating.
I had to do 4 weeks liver diet,I moaned at first but stuck to it.
It really helped me mentally and physically for my operation and afterwards x

Good luck all xxxxx

Milk diet starts on the 9th..Next Wednesday :D

Thanks for the support! I know I do want it! I won't go to maccas again! My surgeon said I only had to do it or 7 days so hopefully I'll be okay :) argh! I hate being greedy x

Andy1968 said:
Milk diet starts on the 9th..Next Wednesday :D

What is it you have to do on the milk diet? How much etc.. And anything else?? X

dinkydink said:
Can you read that?? It's the hospital group pre-op milk diet x

Yes thank you... I also heard sf jelly is ok too? Heard a few different things so just wanted to make sure x

Hi Louise, I'm not at that stage yet no where near but just wanted to wish you luck! Hope it goes okay :) x

Hi Louise, I'm not at that stage yet no where near but just wanted to wish you luck! Hope it goes okay :) x

Did you mean me Minty, if so thank you :D

Hi All!

Well 12 days to go and just finish day 4 of the milk diet for some reason it feels harder this time round! not sure why :( Im ok tho :)

i started mine on the 1st of may x all i have a day is 2-3 pints of semi skimmed milk 3-4 portions of fruit 2 diet or low fat yoghurts sugar free jelly (optional) and a bowl of vegetable soup preferably homw made without potato or pulses x

Back