• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op starts today.

Mr Doo

Well it's day 1 of the liver shrinking milk diet.
What I've read about the milk diet doesn't seem so bad ( but let's remember why i'm here & on this journey, love of food/lack of will power)
I feel as mentally ready as I can be,already been eating kid size potions for past week in prep for this.
Any tips or advice on the course of the shrinkage diet would be great as I'm not to adventurous in the culinary skills
Good luck anyone starting/on their diet this month & stay strong

Good luck mr doo, my advice is that you should follow your providers advise to the T. Xx

Mr. Doo good luck for your posted surgery,dont worry it will be absolutely fine. Along with milk diet if you can take coconut water and some protein soup that will be better and milk should be absolutely fat free.
Pre op liquid diet not only help in shrinking liver but also make up your mind to adopt balance diet regime and also it will help to do behavioral modification .
Success of bariatric surgery is only depend on adoption of balance diet and lifestyle modification such as regular exercises after surgery. Surgery is just a tool

Hiya, I'm on day one of liver shrinking diet too...thankfully I dont have the milk one - I have the no carbs/sugar one. Am just about to have my first cup of oxo! Good luck and remember if we can get through this we can do anything! lol, sure I'm going to starve! ha ha x

off course...don't worry ...it's simple procedure and you are going to rock postoperative. We have done with more than 350 patients and believe me it transform entire life of patients...and it gives us lot of satisfaction to our bariatric surgey team
Dr.Jane

good luck hun x

good luck mr doo, im sure your in fine hands if i remember right your surgeon is my surgeon prof b ammori??? good luck with the pre op diet time flys before you know it its time for your op xx

good luck mr doo, im sure your in fine hands if i remember right your surgeon is my surgeon prof b ammori??? good luck with the pre op diet time flys before you know it its time for your op xx

Thats right mummy2309 prof ammori is my surgeon
Hows it going for you now, was you in long?

How is the pre- op going?! X

Yesterday i had
Breakfast..... 3 tablespoons of rice crispies & 1 apple
Lunch.... egg salad (protien )
Tea ... 1 Baked potato with 2 t/spoons of beans (protein )
2 cups of coffee & that it,
Feel ok so far & hunger pangs are there but bearable,
thanks for replies & good luck mesages evereyone,
Mr Doo ( aka Mark )

i was only in allday wednesday then went to hgh dependancy unit for the night came home the next night, im doing fab no pain can eat a few more tbsp of soup now, your doing great with the liver reduction diet keep up the good work xx

Tuesday i had
Breakfast.....1 apple & then 1 orange mid morn.
lunch ...... 1 slice of toast with 1 poached egg.
Tea.... 100g chicken mixed in with home made veg curry.
1 coffee & water through out the day.

Wednesday ( hospital pre-op day )
Breakfast .... 1 apple & a coffee ( getting used to & liking this fruit breakfast )
Dinner ...... half of pitta bread with chicken & salad (made like a sandwhich, as i didnt know how long id be in hospital pre-op check )
Tea .... Home made beef (100g, as always with the meats in my meals ) stir fry ( 2 tea spoons of noodles = 1 carbs )
All went well in pre-op & now looking forward to surgery date

Back