• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LSD

MaddieBrown

Has anyone else been put on the LSD Liver Shrinkage Diet for six weeks? How did U manage and what kept your focus? I am starting my second week and on my first week I actually lost 8 & a half pounds which is a great start.

I only had to do it for 2 weeks so can't really answer your question on keeping motivated for 6 weeks. I'm wracking my brains furiously to see if I can remember which forum members have as I know there are some but am not getting nay names come to me!

Hopefully somebody who has will be along with advice soon. Good luck x

I think Sophia who has her op today - diary is mountain to mole hill had to do a long preop

Maybe there is a medical reason for the longer preop. Stick with it and whenever you feel tempted think of how devastating it would be to wake up and no op! That's what kept me going.

I'm sure you'll do great!! Good luck and well done on the loss so far xxx :D

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Has anyone else been put on the LSD Liver Shrinkage Diet for six weeks? How did U manage and what kept your focus? I am starting my second week and on my first week I actually lost 8 & a half pounds which is a great start.

Maddie

You've just made me laugh :giggle: so much as I only glanced at the title and I'm still getting my head round the abbreviations.

I thought you were on about LSD (the wacky drug one) not the Liver Shrinking Diet.... :d'oh:

Hope you are getting on OK as you've had a brilliant start.

x

I am on the Tier 3 programme which consists of 8 weeks of milk diet, the next 8 weeks on food and milk and the last 8 weeks of food only. I have to do this before being considered for surgery. I am with Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge. It does make me envious of others who have to do the LSD for 2-4 weeks, but I have to go with the flow, that is the programme that Addenbrookes put us through, well I assume that everyone is treated the same on this programme.

I am now starting my 2nd week of the food and milk diet. I lost 16kg in the first eight weeks, even though I was ill with one thing or another during that time. I am still trying to fight a kidney infection, am on my 2nd lot of antibiotics, it's bad enough being on the programme, but having to deal with illnesses at the same time has not been fun.

I have to say that I found the milk diet quite easy and I did not feel hungry at all, but having only been on this new bit for a week, I have felt hungrier than I did the last 8 weeks. I put weight on the first couple of days but have lost that and another 2 kgs. so it is working. The meals I have are very filling and we are enjoying cooking them. Be nice to get half way through the programme, will feel as though I am getting somewhere.

I have been on this journey since July 2012, so can't wait to get an op. date.

Pamala

Back