• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone tried Appy Feet?

hahahahaha! mingin! poor fish thats what i say! cruelty to animals! hahahaha

id want fresh water me if i was having it done!

maybe they put fresh water in a bowl and then put some fish in the bowl, that wouldnt be so bad, would it? more hygienic anyway.

Well I've just returned from having my session at Appy Feet and I loved it!
When you arrive you have to fill in a form which asks if you have any foot conditions. They don't let you in if you have veruccas or athletes foot for example. Then you take off your socks and shoes and roll your trousers up to your knee. They give you a pair of crocs to walk over to the foot washing station in. you rinse your feet, put the crocs back on and go over to the individual tank where you sit down, kick off the shoes and swing your legs in.
The second your feet hit the water the fish attach themselves to you. It just feels nice and tingly. The fish headed straight for my heels and toes. It's lovely and relaxing, although some people might not like being gawped at by various passers by, some of whom nipped in to the shop to have a look.
Whilst I was there a man came in for a session and it took him ages to get the nerve to put his feet in. The assistant said it's always the blokes who chicken out.
When your time is up they give you a towel to dry off on and some moisturiser if you'd like it. I felt like I was walking on air on the way home and my feet were lovely and warm. On arrival home I inspected my feet and they are softer than they have been in years. Some of the hard skin is still there. They said it might take two sessions to remove it and I will definitely be going back.

To answer some questions: the water is fairly warm and the tanks have a very good filtration system so there were no bits of dead skin floating around.
No one ever walks around in bare feet and the crocs they give you are washed after each wear.

I can't wait to go back again. It's a really good non food treat and half the time I was just giggling along with the other customers. £20 got me a 35 minute session and I didn't need to queue.

my sister treated us to a session on Saturday - best time to go is in the morning cos the fish are hungriest then - after about 6 customers they lose they appetite.

It is more like a pins n needles/vibrating sensation - I was told it was like a nip but its not - but you can deffo feel them when they suck at the bottom of your foot! They like to wiggle between the toes too.

The water is constantly filtered and is really clear and your feet are rinsed first before you go in. The fish went straight for my cuticles and cleared them up lovely. I have a toe which I bumped as a child and the cuticle tends to go mad but the fish ate it all up...yum!

I now have patches on the soles of my feet where they've taken off some of the harder skin- it wasnt really hard just where I tend to walk on - so I can sort of feel the patches where the harder skin is left.

Prices seem a bit steep where you are. We were charged £8 for 15mins (local beauty salon in Wingate, County Durham) but were in for at least 25 mins as we were chatting to the assistants and they lost track of time. We first saw them in Middlesbrough shopping centre for £10 for 15 mins but that was in the open with people gawking!

I'd deffo go again....

I had it done at the Trafford Centre a while ago n it was fab:p:p

Back