• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

shocked at 1200 calories a day!

fatbutnot4long

hi all most of you know ive posted alot worrying about what im eating and still counting calories! well today my dietian rang me back and asked what exercise i was doing and how much weight ive lost so far.. i told her it was 5 stone since nov and i go gym 3 times a week and swimming 3 times (and i try do a hour of my wii twice a week) .. she asked me why i was worried and i told her that last week (the week b4 my totm) was a 'hungry' week for me and a few days i counted as many as 1200 calories with no pain or discomfort... i braced myself for a telling off but she said thats what i should be having a day if not 1500 with the exercise! :-0 i was shocked.. i thought i was overeating! she did say watch protein make sure its a balanced diet and watch portion sizes..all of which i am! but yiiiikkkeees 1200 a day all the time.. i was having 800 before! anyway thought id share xx

Yep and for a man its even more a day, i should be eating 1500 - 1700 a day and accounting for exercise outside that, so if i burn cals in the gym i need to increase it to balance out the calorie lose !

i was so shocked! i really thought id over done it last week .. i do find the gym makes me hungry but i love it! i even cancelled my nails and went gym :-0 id never have done that b4! ha x

Wow to you! What an amazing lot of weight you've lost in such a short time! Glad you like the gym-that has so got to help! Well done!!!

Its scarey to think we have to eat over the 1k in calories per day, i am struggling to do that when i stick to my 'healthy' eating plan and often feel i am snacking just to make the calories up. however i have to keep telling myself that small frequent meals work better for me and help keep my metabolism working as i also have an underactive thyroid which i know a few others on here suffer from.

Its scarey to think we have to eat over the 1k in calories per day, i am struggling to do that when i stick to my 'healthy' eating plan and often feel i am snacking just to make the calories up. however i have to keep telling myself that small frequent meals work better for me and help keep my metabolism working as i also have an underactive thyroid which i know a few others on here suffer from.

Sage your looking fabulous doll, so whatever it is your doing keep doing it ;)

yes im so pleased with what i have lost so far.. even if i dont lose anymore id be happy! i really though 1000 would be a push so when she said 1200 i was gobsmacked! i am burning it thou and do feel better when i have eaten a little more so ill listen to her advice :) thanks for the replys guys xx

I hate to say I told you so... :p :D

I'm glad you've had it confirmed though, always the best thing to do if you're uncertain. I'm not a nutritionist and the information I provide is purely my own educated research so you'd be wise to always double check with a professional.

You're going great guns though so keep it up! If I'm only half as successful as you I'll be happy :D

aww ty twigge .. i was so sure i was over eating.. o well least i know im going ok xx

Back