• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to eat on holiday all inclusive!!? Help please!!

PinkDaisy

I will do it this time!
Hi guys,

I would like some advice about what to eat on holiday, im off to turkey on a 24hr all inclusive 5 star weeks holiday with my hubby and my sister

It is a 24 hour all inclusive which means room service at night as well as 7 a la carte restaurants as well as the usual buffet!! I am 5 weeks post op and 30lbs gone and im definitely losing inches as I havnt lost any weight this week (i had a blip and gained, but it is now off) but clothes are fitting me that didnt last week so thats gud news!

This is where im going on holiday : CONCORDE DE LUXE RESORT

Im away for a week and im planning on sticking to either wholemeal toast for breakfast with fruit or cereal if they have it. Jacket potatoes for lunch as they have a snack bar, or visit the lunch buffet and choose a healthy option from their and then for evening meal we will be eating at an a la carte resturant in the hotel so I am going to try and stick to things that arent too bad but I feel I have waited 15mths for this holiday, i dont want to ruin it dieting and dont want to spoil my hubby n sisters time talking about the food and calories as it was my choice to have the band and i dont wana spoil it for them.

What wud u guys do? I still wana have a gud holiday and enjoy the fantastic food, have my first fill a week after i get back so I know if their is a small gain it will soon be coming off.

I will be exercising swimming and walking a lot more and drinking a lot more water so im sure I will be ok, and I know im not gona put 30lbs on which Ive lost!!

In a way im pleased I can enjoy my holiday but In another way I wish i had restriction so I wouldnt need to STILL panic about food

Any advice welcome! I posted this on my thread but know they dont get as much feedback so hope u dont mind x

hi verity

if it was me id eat like a 'normal' person would eat, enjoy the nice food on offer but try and stick to the healthy stuff as well, just try not to eat too much of the stuff that got us here in the first place!!!

It looks a beautiful hotel , This is the hotel I would choose!! But you enjoy Ime sure you will. Gail.x

Verity i am sure they are going to have a fresh fruit selection and cereals for breakfast and if you are unsure on anything just stick to salad, i am also sure your hubby and sister know how much you want to stick to your diet, also with all the swimming and walking you plan to do your going to burn off any access calories, go and enjoy your holiday hun you've waited long enough for it :)

Hi there,

I have just come back from a honeymoon at a five star hotel.

There was the most amazing breakfast selections you could imagine, including cooked options but after a couple of very dodgy episodes on the first couple of days I gave up trying to eat certain stuff.

I normally do not eat to early, so an 8am breakfast was alien to me.

But eventually worked it out by having a cup of tea first, then a yoghurt, then a small bowl of cereal or half a slice of toast with either cheese spread or pate (small amount of protein I know, but protein nonetheless) and my hubby would have a cooked. I enjoyed what I had, just the ambience of being away, the gorgeous lakeside setting made breakfast special.

As for lunch, we rarely had any, as we had a four course meal to look forward too, but as with most posh places, the portions are quite small, which is really good as I managed nearly every night to cope with this.

Here is an example of the menu...

Starters
Salmon on blinis
Vegetable terrine
Mix of Game Salamis

Soups
Beef Consomme
Asparagus Cappuccino Soup
or Orange Juice

Mains
Beef Sirloin, with Cheese Strudel and Broccoli
Turkey stuffed with asparagus pate, potato gratin
Breast of Duck in orange sauce, polenta and vegetables
Fillet of Sole with herbs, vegetable puree and fennel
Grilled Cheese (Olimje) on a rocket salad

Desserts
Pear Cream with Raspberries
Marshmallow (this was a posh tunnocks teacake)
Cassata with hot sour cherries

Every night was this kind of food and taken slowly was ok.

And before any of you gasp in horror...I lost 2lbs when I weighed myself the morning I got back...:D

Hi Verity

The hotel looks fab!

I think youve got the right idea for brekkie, fruit and if you can manage toast will fill you up.

I dont know if they will have jacket spuds, tends to be a brit thing but Im sure they will have loads of fish, meat etc for your protein and salads for your veggies. Same for evening meals too.

Relax, enjoy yourself. Swim walk and try as much as poss to make healthy choices.

Have a fantastic time x

Hi, we went 5 star all inclusive to Turkey last year and it was fantastic. However, the food was mostly catered towards Russians, when I asked the rep why she said the english as a rule dont tend to go 5 star in Turkey. I still had my band then and I really struggled foodwise, but i'm very parky with food anyway. I lived off anything I could get in past my band and that included chips and all things bad and still came home lighter.

I would suggest you go, relax and enjoy your food, dont worry if it isnt the right choice, you can only eat a small portion and all the excercise never mind the heat will take care of the rest!!

Oh, and you must go and have a proper turkish massage..thats an experience!! Enjoy your holiday xx

Back