• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

argghhhhhh

lotsabeefy

Just gonna have a little moan,...... some woman who provides training to my staff found out i was having a gastric bypass and rang me up to advise me i didn't need to go to such extremities i just have to "TRY HARDER cos it cant be that difficult" Well all i have to say is UP YOURS LOVE and mind your own business, oh and good luck if you think you'll be providing training in my care home again. Glad i got that of my chest hope all you guys are fine and apologies for the outburst arghhhhhhhhhhh. xxx:mad:

Oh my gosh what a cowbag!!! You poor thing. Why do people who have no idea and no real understanding think they are the oracle of all knowledge and pass judegment like that?? I sympathise.
This is why this forum is so great, apart from my partner I don't have anyone around me who understands why I needed my op. It's so simple for people to smugly say "just stop eating so much and move more" but if it was that alone there wouldn't be such a huge obesity crisis in the world.
Shake off her patronising garbage and concentrate on how wonderful you will feel later on. Even with surgery losing a large amount of weight is still hard and needs lots of motivation but I feel sure you will succeed.
Big hugs from me xxxxxxx

hmmm yep i know just how you feel ! i had someone say to me "if you really wanted to lose weight you would" and that having surgery is a quick fix and the easy way out !!! for f**k sake , and i say to them when you have walked in my shoes and lived my life then you have the right to have an opinion till then keep your useless comments to yourself , they tend to go quiet after that lol x

The thing that gets me is that they look at a smoker/drinker and recognise an addiction. But when your overweight you just need to try harder and cut down......

Twats! xx

i hope wen you tell her you wont be using her again you tell her exactly why and dont hold back and explain that you wantstaff who are kind, caring and consderate of people and there feelings not obnoxcus selfopiniated txxxxs................kath x

sorry but along with the weight i seem to be loosing my doormat menalty aswell..............kath x

I found that by telling as few peeps as poss before my op, the less hassle I got, so I could remain focused on what was right for me;)
Each persons journey is different, but I only told my close friends and family about the op, so I could get the maximum support without any negative interference from peeps who didn't have my best interests at heart:D
Even now 4 months out, I haven't told many other people;)

Yeh i think it was a mistake to tell some people, although i had only told a handful, i have decided not to share it with anyone else.
The thing is i am very excitable and it just slips out i cant help it, no self control with anything lol

This pops up from time to time on this forum because the truth is that most people who have never looked into wls don't understand why anyone would go to the extreme of surgery. That is why we find such support in a community dedicated to wls, because we know that the people here 'get it' why we would want/need/be desperate for surgery! People outside this community have lots of misconceptions like it is the easy way out, etc and they only remember the horror stories that hear about. They speak up in many cases because they think (ha-ha) that they are being helpful and they just end up making us feel defensive and irrate at their assumptions!

Take heart that we here get it, that we celebrate joyously when you are able to move forward on the path towards surgery. We also feel protective of you when people think they have the right to an opinion on what you do with your own body. So moan, shout, stamp you feet and know that we all understand because we all know how hard this wls journey truly can be.

Hugs,
Nic:)

Heya Lotsa

Im with you on this one too....your EX trainer can go stick her comments where the sun dont shine:D

Xx

Only this week when I was in hospital there was a rather large lady in the bed opposite me, she didnt know I was a bypasser but was going on about her friend, she said she had one of those weightloss tummy tucks and I was like mmmmm do you mean weight loss surgery and she went yea thats it a band thing. I said Ah i see a gastric band, how is she doing? and she replied shes dead. I said oh dear what happened and she said all her intestines split open! Well I find that quite astounding lol considering your intestines arent cut open with a band eh! shes either a friend who doesnt listen to her mates or as it appeared later on that she is a complete fantasist. Either way it just shws peoples ignorance.

Xx

I'd had conflicts with this woman before regarding her warped opinion on people with dementia, any way i told her not to let the door hit her on the ass on the way out, she muttered something about not polishing a turd, i told her it could be rolled in glitter, she's lost a considerable fee from her comments her loss. Thanks for your support

Back