• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ARGHHH!!

natashoorrr

I have well and truly fallen off the wagon and can't seem to find my way back on to it?! I was doing really well - I seem to have put a stone back on though. I say "seem" I know its through eating crap and its completely my own fault.

I am really disappointed in myself so I'm setting myself some short term goals. I Maybe that is the only way I will do what I'm supposed to?!

This week I..

1) Am not going to order anything for lunch.
2) Drink more water
3) Start my food diary again.

Did many of you guys fall off the wagon between hosp. appointments?

I'm not bypass babe but I totally feel how upset you are.
It's never too late to sort it.
Get back on this forum. Post your weekly menus and weight and accept all the help I know you will get.
Good luck and I think you are brave to say what's happening.
Accept some tough love if its posted but take it as its meant which is to help you get back on track.
Hugs :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Are you preop? The most I regained preop was about 5 lbs over the Christmas season and got it and some more off as soon as poss

Well in that case I will start with my weight which today stands at 22 st 10 lbs :( I think I need to lose at least a stone to be just under where I was when I started.

I think its awesome being on here because I know I'll get the comments that its my own fault and just think where I could have been if i was losing that weight instead of putting it on. I think this every day so from tomorrow I am will do that - time to get back on it!

I did too, saw Dr Ahmed in feb and last week had my 3 month follow up.... Back in feb I did really well lost 18 pound but had a few occasions in march/April and put 9 back on. But I didn't know how much I put on till I went to see the dietician last week I was certain I was over what I started at which would have meant another 3 months trying to lose. Since the appointment last thursday I've had quite a few treats so I'm back to being strict tomorrow too. It's really really hard I totally sympathise and I've got so long to wait still "( x

Skipping lunch won't help, it will slow your metabolism plan your meals make them protein rich n low carb (your going yo have to do this post op anyway) and plan a couple of small snacks such as fruit or nuts to keep you in track n keep the weight coming off....myfitnesspal will help you track your macros loads of water too...

This is another thing that worries me! I've not had a follow up appointment with them since I saw them in January? I just called up and I don't have any appointments outstanding but due to how i got on the list the dietician said she didn't really need to see me again. I have the number for the dietician so I will call just to double check.

That was my main problem (other than eating loads lol) that I'd skip meals then eat more at certain meal times. I am generally getting better at this though.

Badger - Did they give you an update as to when your surgery may be?

I'm in the same situation as you Hun iv gained about 9 pounds only my next appointment it next Thursday and I have to get it off by then or they will take me off the list, they've reserved me a date for July but I need to be seen by the dietician before they will give me it and I'm just so scared iv messed this up :(

Kirstyjade - Can you go on the milk diet for a week and see if that shifts it? If I can't get it all off by the next appointment thats what I'm considering but I just really want to try up until that point.

you are taking control just by admitting on here it is not going so well, do not be too hard on yourself. just follow a plan for a few weeks and it will soon become second nature x

Kirstyjade - Can you go on the milk diet for a week and see if that shifts it? If I can't get it all off by the next appointment thats what I'm considering but I just really want to try up until that point.

Iv just been thinking about that and it seems like my only choice as iv left it to late so I'm going to start it tomorrow, and iv also brought some water retention tablets they've got really good reviews and I also know someone who took them and lost 7lb in 3 days I know it's only water weight not fat but since I need to lose it by next week every little helps, when's your next appointment? I was the same as you I went on the list straight away I didn't have to wait the 3 months and this will be my 2nd app with dietician since then... Maybe though because your a lower weight they don't need to see you again maybe it's because I'm 5 stone heavier than you they need to follow up to check I'm not gaining

I think you're right - I have been a bit evasive but I will do it because I have to!!

I'm not sure - When i saw the dietician because I'd done the whole tier three thing where I'd seen a dietician a few times she said there isnt much she can tell me that I don't already know.

I don't have any appointments pending though so obviously nothing yet! So if you get to have your op in July, how long would you have been on the list? If you are mega tough on yourself I bet you can lose that easy :)

I'm not sure - When i saw the dietician because I'd done the whole tier three thing where I'd seen a dietician a few times she said there isnt much she can tell me that I don't already know.

I don't have any appointments pending though so obviously nothing yet! So if you get to have your op in July, how long would you have been on the list? If you are mega tough on yourself I bet you can lose that easy :)

Iv been on the list since 20th September so will be about 10 months... I'm going to do milk diet and just hope it comes off

Totally know how you feel on this one hun. I saw my ps in Jan too but for a different op. Was sent away to try and lose another 2 stone and was given a date to see him again in May. Thought oh ill easy lose this and gave in to lots of treats. I Was so wrong. Due to gaining and losing in a vicious circle i only managed to lose 1 stone :( Then i hit a time when i could lose no more for around 2 months. My plan of action that actually worked for me was joining my fitness pal as i could track everything i ate. Plus i went on slimfast for a while. I finally started losing again so when i saw my ps he was actally very pleased with the weight loss and now im on the waiting list for my op :) x

I think thats what it is - You feel so safe thinking oh I have a few months before that happens but it comes round so quickly that now it's a mad scramble to get it together. Come hell or high water I am having this operation! This wait WILL come off.

I have to say kirstyjade the more I read your posts the more I worry. You're going to hate me after you read this but are you sure you're ready for the op? You've been moaning for a good two months about gaining weight and trying fad diets - let me assure you that post op really isn't that much different. You can have the bypass and not lose or worse, lose the weight and regain. Why are you playing with fire when you know it will get your op cancelled? Personally relying on water retention tablets to meet your providers weight loss targets is kidding them and kidding yourself. Unless you start changing these habits now you are not going to do as well postop. Advice given, feel free to flame :)

I have to say kirstyjade the more I read your posts the more I worry. You're going to hate me after you read this but are you sure you're ready for the op? You've been moaning for a good two months about gaining weight and trying fad diets - let me assure you that post op really isn't that much different. You can have the bypass and not lose or worse, lose the weight and regain. Why are you playing with fire when you know it will get your op cancelled? Personally relying on water retention tablets to meet your providers weight loss targets is kidding them and kidding yourself. Unless you start changing these habits now you are not going to do as well postop. Advice given, feel free to flame :)

I know exactly what your saying yvessa and iv asked myself this question a 100 times...am I ready? But I honestly think if I don't have this surgery I will die, sooner rather than later... And I'm hopeing the fact I won't feel psyically Hungary all the time like I do now will help me, and just knowing iv got a "tool" to help me will give me great comfort and motivation to succeed, but I do understand how I must sound to other people like I'm really not ready but this is my last resort I wouldn't be doing this if I had any other choice... I cancelled my op in 2009 because I just wasn't ready but I definatly feel more mentally prepared now than I did then

Back