• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

High protein low carb breakfast - help

Hi :)

I thought about it and decided against it as you either have it or you get it reversed. I liked the idea with the band that if I reached goal I could have a defil and while watching what I ate I could be slightly more normal. If I then felt I was getting too greedy and putting on weight I could have it filled again. For me I just felt its always with you but doesn't always have to be restrictive to food for the rest of my life. It gives me options. Hope that makes sense x

yeah that makes total sense to me, I really am having a hard time choosing between them, Im defo going to get the op in October so I got about 4 weeks to make up my mind,,, I know I can loose weight pretty quickly coz I have been slim before but the last 9 years its crept up to a terrifying high (after having my daughter is been a lot worse) shes 2 now and still haven't lost any, I seem to be able to loose 11 pounds at the most then get fed up and cant resist bread, pasta potatoes ect im hoping the band or ( wrap (eeeeek) will be the tool I need to keep with the diet and loose ALL the weight I need to loose (6 stone in total)

im just thinking with the wrap its a 1 time appointment no going back and forth for fills/defills and no problems with ports maybe getting twisted or needing replaced ect,,, my mind is kinda boggled with it all im just really not sure.
Ive also got really really bad varicose vains in my legs that cause me a lot of pain and are HORRIBLE to look at and the consultant wont touch them till I loose weight... thank you for all the information, and your storey has been amazing to read,,, don't you worry about other people, they are just so jelous that now u have lost all your weight and look amazing :) xx

Agree with Lottie, protein pancakes are a must, and so good too.

This is my recipe for them:

LC Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 cup almond flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup water (for puffier pancakes, you can use sparkling water)
2 T oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 T sweetener

Preparation:

Mix ingredients together and cook as you would other pancakes. Flip them when the underside is brown.

Yield: Six 4-inch pancakes

Nutritional Information: Each pancake has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, plus 2 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein.

I also give you a recipe for LC muffins:

LC Muffins

Ingredients:
o 2 cups almond flour (almond meal)
o 2 teaspoons baking powder
o 1/4 teaspoon salt
o 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
o 4 eggs
o 1/3 cup water
o Sweetener to taste -- about 1/3 cup usually works well -- liquid preferred

Preparation:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Butter a muffin tin. You can really do it with any size, but I'm basing the recipe on a 12-muffin tin.
3) Mix dry ingredients together well.
4) Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly (You don't want strings of egg white in there and you don't have to worry about "tunnels" when you are using almond meal).
5) Put in muffin tins (about 1/2 to 2/3 full) and bake for about 15 minutes.

Variations: Add 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries for blueberry muffins. For apricot muffins, take a teaspoon of sugar-free apricot jam on each muffin and push it in slightly (it will sink more during baking).

Nutritional Information: Each of 12 muffins has 1.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 6 grams protein

(1 stick of butter = 250g, that's one pack for us here in the UK.)

About omelettes, if you want something a bit more luxurious as a treat, make a souffle omelette with creamy mushrooms filling, you separate the eggs, whip the whites up with cream of tartar and fold the yolks in gently. I can't find the recipe on my laptop right now, argh, so annoying, but I'm sure a quick google search will give you a recipe for the basic souffle omelette (which is great for both savoury and sweet dishes by the way!)

I can't recommend almond flour (which is just ground almonds, found in every supermarket baking products aisle) enough as a basis for all kinds of low-carb, high protein stuff. Shredded unsweetened coconut is also fab for all kinds of LC desserts.

If you're sick of eating solids at breakfast (I get periods like that!), a home made protein shake is great: 2 scoops of whey protein powder, 2 eggs, 1/2 water & 1/2 double cream mix (to replace milk, it's lower in sugar that way), flavouring of your choice if your whey protein is the plain one, (DaVinci's sugar-free syrup is great for that, expensive but totally worth it, and it lasts! available from LC online stores), ice cubes, whizz it all in the blender thoroughly and voila, a protein shake which packs a punch, will fill you up for a long time, low in carb, high in protein. (You can add a bit of coconut oil or flaxseed oil if you want to up the fat content, or skip the eggs if that doesn't float your boat, whatever suits you!)

Omg I just tried to make the muffins.....when I say tried I mean I totally failed! Lol, not sure what went wrong! I used a sillicon muffin case (never used one of them before) but other than that I followed the recipe completely....it just seems too runny, or is that just because I'm so used to baking with flour?? Am not going to be beaten, will try again tomorrow! :)

I also have Greek style yoghurt with fruit for breakfast, an mushroom and ham omelette for lunch. Evening meal varies- but mainly protein with some veg.

Omg I just tried to make the muffins.....when I say tried I mean I totally failed! Lol, not sure what went wrong! I used a sillicon muffin case (never used one of them before) but other than that I followed the recipe completely....it just seems too runny, or is that just because I'm so used to baking with flour?? Am not going to be beaten, will try again tomorrow! :)

Oooh, I don't know, try using less water, yes, the mix will be a bit runny, more so than with flour (no gluten in almond flour, so you don't get that same consistency) but the baking powder should still make it rise ok.

Certainly it takes some trial and error to switch from normal flour!

Fantastic high protein ideas and receipes. I've messages you as I'm interested in the diet plan.

Hi lottie! Could you please send me your diet plan? thank you xx

Last edited by a moderator:
can you manage to eat an whole burger i struggle to eat half, and all that food you say you eat i dont understand i dont eat anything like all that and im not loosing weight i must be eating the wrong stuff but i eat lots of chicken tuna jacket spuds curry chilli all small amounts

Back