• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ARGHHH!!

I know exactly what your saying yvessa and iv asked myself this question a 100 times...am I ready? But I honestly think if I don't have this surgery I will die, sooner rather than later... And I'm hopeing the fact I won't feel psyically Hungary all the time like I do now will help me, and just knowing iv got a "tool" to help me will give me great comfort and motivation to succeed, but I do understand how I must sound to other people like I'm really not ready but this is my last resort I wouldn't be doing this if I had any other choice... I cancelled my op in 2009 because I just wasn't ready but I definatly feel more mentally prepared now than I did then

I totally totally understand that desperate feeling. That feeling that its just a matter of time before you die and leave everyone coping with yet another mess you've caused. I'm not unsympathetic, but this journey is hard enough as it stands. You won't want to do this because it may delay your journey, but if you really want this and you know (like I did) that its the only way ring your team and ask then for help and support. Be honest with them. I know I sound judge mental. But I started losing before my op. I lost a stone completely alone. Then another 2.5 before op as a maintained loss. The tactics I learnt then are the reason I'm doing okay now. Please please ask for help before you walk into that theatre.

Yvessa is speaking very wise words. I am having a band and currently on my pre-op diet and have just got a date through for counselling to start (a week after op for one to one and I am already undergoing CBT which is helping a great deal). I want this to work enough that I am sticking to the milk diet and have given up diet coke (my best friend lol) very easily, the fact is that I want to be healthy and happy more.

you can do this and do it right x

The thing is we have had (or are considering having) wls for a reason if I could have stuck to diets successfully I wouldn't have needed a bypass. I wish I could say I became a saint after my bypass but as I'm only human and love food I havent I still eat "naughty" food and don't ever weigh food or count calories as I was told to eat like a normal person and yes, normal people have the odd chocolate bar!

If u need to do the milk diet or water retention tablets do it to get where u need to be because trust me you will be dragged kicking and screaming into changing your bad habits after your op as physically you won't be able to eat the volume or crap u love now

Wish u luck and don't forget your provided will have seen everything and heard every excuse under the sun - I remember coming off my Pre-op and telling mine some bs excuse, I got a right bollocking. I called my friend who,d had bypass by same provider 12 months b4 and she told me to call back, apologise and tell truth that there is no excuse I'm just struggling. I did this and my provider told me how proud she was if me and that now I was being honest she could work with me, which she did as I'm now at goal lol

Xx

Yeah honesty is the best policy. I agree, If I could stick to a diet I would be a size 10 already!! :D

On a lighter note - I'm on day 3 of 7 and not ordered any lunch yet. If I can just get to Friday I'll be happy.

I am not aiming for a weight loss, I am just aiming to meet my goals and will see if weight loss comes from that. I think it would be awesome if I could lose a bit but as I have no appointments pending it would be nice if I could just stop eating crap :D

I'm not really talking about whether or not you can stick to a diet - none of us can. I'm talking about the fact that kirstyjade is still self sabotaging and she needs help to deal with that.

I totally totally understand that desperate feeling. That feeling that its just a matter of time before you die and leave everyone coping with yet another mess you've caused. I'm not unsympathetic, but this journey is hard enough as it stands. You won't want to do this because it may delay your journey, but if you really want this and you know (like I did) that its the only way ring your team and ask then for help and support. Be honest with them. I know I sound judge mental. But I started losing before my op. I lost a stone completely alone. Then another 2.5 before op as a maintained loss. The tactics I learnt then are the reason I'm doing okay now. Please please ask for help before you walk into that theatre.

In my defence I was 32 stone 3lb when I was referred and I'm now 28 stone 7lb so it's not like I haven't been trying and I spoke to my team yesterday and they said they will see what aftercare they can provide me and they will talk more in depth about whats going on when I go for my app next week, and as for your comment below about self sabotaging I'm not iv given up all fizzy drinks and all chocolate for the past 2 months or so, so iam trying and my team can see that and have nothing but praise for me,
Yes I may have slipped up these past few weeks by haveing large portions but most of my problem is lack of exercise as I'm pretty immobile and stuck in the house

That must have been really hard to do Hun - well done for taking that step. And we'll done on that weightloss! I hope that the conversation with your team has helped you feel more confident I'm so glad you listened and took those steps. I have to say I didn't realize you'd lost so much - I need to eat a bit of humble pie and apologize. In terms of self sabotage - we all do it. I still have bad days - you don't become perfect after surgery and trust me - I'm not :) I'm better and I no longer feel controlled by food, but its because I'm now so aware of my continued issues around food that I even said anything. I hope you can appreciate the intention and forgive the presumption.

I think its truly hard to break habits of a lifetime and I really do relate our problems to that of drug addicts etc - Some people will never understand how difficult it is for some of us!

Its weigh in tomorrow morning but it will have only been 4 days but I would ideally like to start weighing in every Friday.

Day 4 complete! Tomorrow is the real challenge.. The dreaded fat friday!!! I have made a peanut noodle salad and a packet of skips :D I think I need to start having some better breakfasts though because i'm starving by 11!

If they have decided not to do 'in-between' appointments then why not have a chat with the practice nurse at your surgery. She may be happy to see you and encourage you every couple of weeks x

This is another thing that worries me! I've not had a follow up appointment with them since I saw them in January? I just called up and I don't have any appointments outstanding but due to how i got on the list the dietician said she didn't really need to see me again. I have the number for the dietician so I will call just to double check.

That was my main problem (other than eating loads lol) that I'd skip meals then eat more at certain meal times. I am generally getting better at this though.

Badger - Did they give you an update as to when your surgery may be?

They said within 12 months "( #sigh

Maybe thats the same as me then! I had my appointment on Jan 15th when they agreed to put me on the list and it feels like it was years ago!!!

Weigh in went superbulous! 5lbs off :) so I am going to do the same next week and try a bit harder to get this other 5 off!!!

Well as luck would have it (or bad luck) I was violently ill last night and weighed myself this morning and I'm 21st 9lbs. Soooo I'm guessing a lot of that will be water but I'm hoping some of it stays off!! Lol so I'm in bed now feeling like I'm dying :(

Well as luck would have it (or bad luck) I was violently ill last night and weighed myself this morning and I'm 21st 9lbs. Soooo I'm guessing a lot of that will be water but I'm hoping some of it stays off!! Lol so I'm in bed now feeling like I'm dying :(

That's just over a stone in 5 days? I wish I was sick lol.... Hope your feeling better soon

Back