• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Arrgghh I've just messed up my pre-op diet.

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I can't beleive it. I've been good for a whole week and lost a stone too. I've had nothing but slimfast, milky coffees and sugar free jellies.

Now I've just shoved 3 heaped spoonfuls of half fat creme fraiche down my throat. It was left over from some cooking I did earlier. I knew it was in the fridge and I was telling myself to chuck it in the bin and the next minute I'm stood there gulping it down. It was like I had no control at all.

All that bloody hard work and now my liver will be fat again. :(

If you get straight back on it from this moment on , I'm sure you will be just fine xxx It's not going to negate all you've done so far , the only danger is panicking and that in turn causing you to continue to panic and comfort eat because you've convinced yourself you've blown it.
I am certain you haven't , just forget this one incident and carry on as you have been before x

At least you have stopped after this small incident... don't see it as a failure, just a minor blip and get back on track.

Don't be too hard on yourself, if you can put this behind you, and carry on with the pre op diet you won't have done yourself any harm.

Big [[[[[HUGZ]]]]]

are you sure though? maybe i should switch to skimmed rather than semi skimmed milk for the remaining week? Or just have milk on it's own rather than slimfast for a few days? Can't beleive I've done this. I'm so angry with myself.

You haven't messed up your pre op diet! Chill! It was only half fat creme fresh, there are far far worse things to lose control on.
Don't worry, just put behind you and dont beat yourself up.
xxx
:devilangel:

I dug the carton out of the bin to check. I've just scoffed about 9 grammes of fat. Not too many carbs though.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Have calmed down a bit but am sucking furiously on my nicorette inhalator lol.

just goes to show, if it's in the fridge i'll eat it!

I'm 100% certain everything's ok.

I said before that on the 19th I'll be toasting your operation with a birthday drink - and I'm sure that'll still be the case xx

LOl could av been much worse I ballsed mine up with a donner Kebab xxx

lmao don't give me any ideas or i'll be round the corner to my local chippy! :D

I feel better now thanks.

I was told that it only takes a couple of days of strict pre op diet to shrink your liver, I am pretty sure you will be fine.

Bless you, not wanting to laugh at you but when you said you had blown it, I was thinking, chocolate, curry, bucket of kfc but not half fat creme freche !!!

Don't be so hard on yourself sweetie xx

How much longer till your op now ?

It's next thursday. I'm such an all or nothing person that I even felt guilty for having a tiny bit of sugar free jelly earlier in the week, until I reread my diet sheet and it turned out I could have had it all along.

The surgeon yesterday presumed I hadnt done my pre-op diet. He was looking at me and said "I can see from your shape that I'll be fine?!" lol.

It's not the end of the world. It only makes surgery easier. Dont worry about it. Just try not to do it again.lol

I was the same. I panicked that all I could have was milk, but didnt like milk. Then noticed the "one bowl of low cal veg soup" at the bottom. lol. It was almost as good as saying "a big fat chocolate bar" at that point. I couldnt find anything I was allowed to eat. lol

Hey could have been worse, could have been double cream! I'm sure as long as you get back on track and stick to remaining pre op diet you will be fine.
Good luck

According to my scales I regained a pound overnight. Grrrr. Am presuming I was probably in ketosis and came out of it. Oh well. Back on track with a lovely chocolate slimfast yum.

yorkiegal said:
According to my scales I regained a pound overnight. Grrrr. Am presuming I was probably in ketosis and came out of it. Oh well. Back on track with a lovely chocolate slimfast yum.

Your body fluctuates on a daily basis so it may not have done any damage x

Back