• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

arthritis at 24 years old!

keeley86

sorry i havent been around much the past few days, ive kept checking in but i just havent had the time to sit and read all the posts! so i hope your all ok!
congratulations to everyone whov had there ops this week!

i had a good weekend with the family this weekend and me little niece and nephew had me running all over! bless them - my knee started hurting tho! ive had it hurting like this before but its never been this bad so off i limped to the doctors and it sounds like ive got arthritis can you believe it..... 24 year old with arthritis! that is disgusting and i am really ashamed! i feel really old! i expected it being a little fluid or something because ive been on my feet all weekend.
been for an xray at the hospital today so ill see what exactly it is next week when my gp gets the results! the pain has gotten really bad tho - ive been taking ibruprofens and its still very uncomfortable i can hardly walk on it! not much exercise for me this week!

something else i wanted to share with you today - my husband has not long since been diagnosed with depression and our gp mentioned an exercise program for him to better his mood and give him something to focus on. stephen didnt really think about it but when we went yesterday he mentioned it to him again and stephen has took this exercise prescription - you get 20 weeks gym discount - he thinks you have to pay £1 every time you go for 20 sesions and they test your fitness on the 1st setion then again on the last one and report back to your gp - it says after the 20 sesions are finished they then sign you up and you then get a years free membership, how good is that!
im going to ask for one of these prescriptions myself so we can do it together he can build himself up and i can loose weight "once my knee is better that is" lol just thaught some of you might be interested as ive always wanted to go to the gym but the cost of going is sooooo expensive that ive never done it!
im going to now though x

hi keeley! glad you had a luffly weekend sweets sounds very very busy!

im sorry to hear about the knee, im hoping its just the strain from weekend thats done it and not arthritis! but im afraid you do associate it with eldery but my friends daughter whos 12 has it! believe it or not..... hope your pain free sooooon!

and that sounds like a fab plan of action for the hubba! excersise release endorphines which is a feel good hormone a instant hit!! thats what makes excersise so addictive as it makes you feel so great heres oping its onwards and upwards for him.... well for both of you!!!

love me x

I'm sorry you are in pain with your knee and its possibly arthritis. My hubby has the same problem and i know how bad the pain can get. He has now been prescribed morphine patches so i don't know if you could get them to help with the pain. Don't beat yourself up either we all had or have health issues related to our weight so you are a member of a very large club. The exercise prescription sounds fantastic and what a saving, i hope your hubby gets on well with it . I might look into it so thank you for the info i didn't know about it x

cheers kel - ive had it on and off for about 2 years this with the knee - but just not this bad! thats why ive got them to look into it this time - touch wood! it isnt arthritis like u say because i dont think you can ever get rid of it once you have got it can you?? not sure!

gym pass will deffo do stephen good - he was big once he used to go to the gym everyday and take all the body building stuff and that, i used to fit into his clothes when i met him, lol! it will deffo do us both good i think! xxx

its deffo worth asking your gp about allie - you can pay £30 - £40 a month membership to go to the gym cant you and i think its better than doing it at home because not only does it get you outa the house you can also find that bit of competition too cant ya and meet new friends!
ive got to make an apointment to see the gp for the results of the xray next week so im going to ask him about it for myself! i have to to shift some of this weight - i am sooo huge!

Awww Keeley, I knew you were in discomfort over the weekend. I'm glad you have been x rayed, at least you can get to the bottom of things now...

My son had osteomylitis when he was 11 years old... it was a panic... but a lot of things are treatable, so joint pain and problems can come at any age but at least your GP is supporting you with this.

So glad you are both thinking of going to the gym together, will do you both the world of good to do something together too... I'm not fit enough but would have loved it.

They will also advise you regarding your knee and which exercises machines are best for you Angel.

My friend has just had a swimming prescription for 3 months and 3 months free weight watchers classes too... in order to motivate her to lose her weight, she won't consider wls.

Try and get the pain under control Keeley, once you have your x ray results you will know exactly what you are dealing with... or even if it is an injury...

I am thinking of you Angel and have missed you xxx

Thanks bev! maybe after your op and when you loose aload of weight you mite be fit enough hun!
why dont you ask for the swimming lessons too so you can do the swimming with your friend - its easier to move under water isnt it!
i want putting in a bag and shaking upside down me alately! big :hug99: hugs

your too nice to me allie, lol! :hug99:i am huge tho! and its all on my belly! - im going to get hubby to take some up to date full body photos of me for on here - i avoid the camera at all costs so i havent got any to upload which shows how fat i am! lol

Hi Keeley, my plan is to start swimming but I have to get a lot of weight off as I'm top heavy and my (.)(.)'s would probably just float me along right now to be honest.

Keep going Keeley and you are doing brilliantly, our weight brings us loads of daily challenges and we need to do what we can to overcome each obstacle.

Sending you a loving hug and keep in close touch... because I miss you!

Love and hugs xxx

hi i just wanted to tell you ive got arthritis im 36 ive had it about 10 years but get told yes or no till 5 years ago ,it is a very diffcult disease because you cant see it .so people just dismiss it and try and tell you are putting it on so i feel for you x

Reactions: Bev
lol @ bev - i can just imagine you floating along with 2 big ballooons infront of you, hehe! xxx were going to be total differant people when were slimmer rnt we xxx

i wonder what the xray will show up ruth? ill let ya know... i have a feeling they found something tho because they did the usuall xrays then shouted me back in and did some more and i had the impression they was trying to get a clear picture of a certain spot but wouldnt tell me anything - gota wait to see the gp now to find out! what do they do for you? if it is arthfitis?

Hi Keeley know what your going through with arthritis. I`ve had it for about 5+ years and it can be very painful. GP prescribed tablets, but some times of the year it is worse than others. One of the reasons I want wls is to get the weight off my joints; (knees, ankles, hips and back) so it is very important to me for me to not only get the weight off but be fitter for doing some excercise. When my kids were young I used to walk everywhere as I did`nt drive at that time and the bus service was almost non existent. No wonder I`ve got weight problems now.
Great idea for you to get some free help with going to the gym; it would be good if you and your husband could go together and encourage each other.

Hope your knees improve for you soon. Take care.
Kat x

sorry i havent been around much the past few days, ive kept checking in but i just havent had the time to sit and read all the posts! so i hope your all ok!
congratulations to everyone whov had there ops this week!

i had a good weekend with the family this weekend and me little niece and nephew had me running all over! bless them - my knee started hurting tho! ive had it hurting like this before but its never been this bad so off i limped to the doctors and it sounds like ive got arthritis can you believe it..... 24 year old with arthritis! that is disgusting and i am really ashamed! i feel really old! i expected it being a little fluid or something because ive been on my feet all weekend.
been for an xray at the hospital today so ill see what exactly it is next week when my gp gets the results! the pain has gotten really bad tho - ive been taking ibruprofens and its still very uncomfortable i can hardly walk on it! not much exercise for me this week!

something else i wanted to share with you today - my husband has not long since been diagnosed with depression and our gp mentioned an exercise program for him to better his mood and give him something to focus on. stephen didnt really think about it but when we went yesterday he mentioned it to him again and stephen has took this exercise prescription - you get 20 weeks gym discount - he thinks you have to pay £1 every time you go for 20 sesions and they test your fitness on the 1st setion then again on the last one and report back to your gp - it says after the 20 sesions are finished they then sign you up and you then get a years free membership, how good is that!
im going to ask for one of these prescriptions myself so we can do it together he can build himself up and i can loose weight "once my knee is better that is" lol just thaught some of you might be interested as ive always wanted to go to the gym but the cost of going is sooooo expensive that ive never done it!
im going to now though x

Hiya,

I was diagnosed with the big D and I find exercise is THE BEST stress and depression alleviater there is!

Good luck and don't worry about the arthritis - I've had it in my knees since about 23yrs old - thats when it was first diagnosed in me. You can either let it beat you or you have to beat it. The more you lose the better your joints will get ... two reasons why I exercise - I can't do what I want all the time because I'm 21St with bad knees but I sure as hell try my best and compensate where I can. You can too! :hug99: :D

thanks kat.... sorry your struggeling with it too! it must be awful having it 4 places! here me moaning about just my knee! im just hoping a praying its not that and its something that can be cleared up easily!
me and my husband are going to do it and im going to talk my mum and brother into it too - family outing! lol xxx

I can relate to this thread , I am still in my 30's and I have osteoarthritis in both legs , and arthritis in left hand, both elbows so I know exactly how u feel I have had my meds changed over the years and been to physiotherapy and pain management as well, and my next step for my legs is replacement knees so I know how u feel its not very nice at all - Julie xx

thats so encourageing cahching! thanks luv x with any luck ill be having my bypass in march so if it is arthritis then i wont have had it long and ill be able to get the weight of it - ill be like wonder woman in the gym - wonder why i didnt do it ages ago! lol

thats so encourageing cahching! thanks luv x with any luck ill be having my bypass in march so if it is arthritis then i wont have had it long and ill be able to get the weight of it - ill be like wonder woman in the gym - wonder why i didnt do it ages ago! lol

We all wonder why we didn't do something ages ago. Try not to look back.

Although I can appreciate it. I am effing pissed that I didn't have a band fitted when I got down to 16Stones with Cambridge Diet because I'm hovering around 21st and finding it hard to lose weight. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think it (along with going for a bypass instead of band during my month of procrastination in February of this year). However all I (and you) can do is work with the here and now and hope for our own sakes we can make this all work.

x

im not hoping luv - i am determined! - i cannot live life like this no longer - im 24 stone and feel 70 year old!
how come you favour the band over the bypass then? - sounds like you did realy well on the cambridge diet - i once got down to 13 stone on the ww diet but i cant do it now for trying, the more i try to loose weight the more i put on.... not anymore tho - ive lost 9lbs and thats the begining to me going down down and down! pre op and post op i will never be this size again! we can help each other along cant we xxxx

Good luck Keeley and hoping you get your result quickly... I always say that weight puts that much strain on our body... it can only help to lose it... plus the knees take the strain alongside the ankles. I was like you years ago and then my spine started caving in, again weight related...

So glad you are getting in gear younger than me, I have wasted many years in my body, but I always say never give up and for sure we are going for it together this time...

Have a great day Keeley xxx

I have just read all the above posts and didnt realise that so many of us suffer with joint pain. I have a bad ancle and knee. Been told its because of the weight so im hoping they will either disappear or reduce greatly in pain when i lose weight. I also got referred to a gym free for 3 months. Iv not been for a few weeks though but im back on Friday. Its surprising how stiff my legs and body feel since i stopped going and cant wait to go back now in preparation for my op in December x

Back