• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

arthritis at 24 years old!

Hi Sugga,

I am a great believer in exercise being so uplifting and good for you... it's great to feel the energy that comes from exercise...

This is my hope to get back to this, after an energetic job, I have suffered due to weight, but it won't always be the same...

We have to help ourselves and it has to come from within....

Good luck, love and hugs xxx

Thanks bev! exercise does make you feel better but its the bit before the exercise that gets me - that get up and go! i have just never got it and i think if your going to do it, you have to do it properly and stick to it every day because you body gets used to doing that bit of exercise then when you dont do it your body misses it and you put weight on quicker!
i cant wait to go to the gym tho and if my mum and bro come too we can keep each other motivated! hubby wants to put weight on, lol

Hi all, I am certainly sympathise.... I've had joint pain for about 20 years, but never been diagnosed with arthritis officially (my doc at the time said it went without saying because of my size that I would develop some form of arthritis - nice man! - so having tests wouldn't tell him something he didn't already know)

This weather doesn't do me any favours.... once the damp days set in the weather turns cold my joints start singing...

I'm always aching, creaking and groaning all through the year but as soon as it turns to autum it really gets worse. I can't take strong painkillers coz they make me have funny turns, so its paracetamols for me - which are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard (lol, at least I could eat the fireguard and get some pleasure from it!)

I find swimming the best exercise as it doesn't hurt my joints as much, but it is important to do weight-bearing exercise too to strengthen the muscles and ligaments holding the joints together (my OH's always saying this - he's complete opposite of me - very fit!) - so I add in some after dinner/lunchtime walks when I can.

Reactions: Bev
just wanted to say know where your coming from i'm the big 40 this year and had it since a teenager in one knee but now knees hip lower back neck upper back elbow and now think hands
just keep as active as you can i cant walk far but do it as know need to blumming kills and i swell up but hey ho just doing what i'm told lol

xx

sounds like you have a lot of troubles with it - not good eh! im going to hopefully nip it in the bud before it gets anyworse - no matter what it is! my doctor asked me if i wanted it looking into actually because i told him this pain has been on and off for 2 years he said its was more probably arthritis and to carry on taking the inbroprofen to ease the pain and said he can have it looked into if i want and i said yes - id rather know for sure!
hopefully this gym pass will sort me out too - plus it inclused the pool too so i could go swimming on one day and into the gym!
hope your all ok today! xxx

good luck with it Keeley I think you do right to try and nip it in the bud. I love to swim, just hate the 'going there' part after work, specially when the nights are getting dark - its so tempting to go straight home and snuggle up on the sofa.

i know and so embarressing with all the fat wobbling on the way to the pool from the changing rooms, lol! i wear a swim dress though so it covers most of the wobbly bits up thankfully! i still look a mess tho, lol

Back